🐈
» Forums » Clients » Hide phone number
Page options
bac2dc2b
Community Member

Hide phone number

Hello, I posted a job, and within minutes received a text message through whatsapp. My phone number must be visible, but I can not see how to hide this on Upwork??

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork does not post users' phone numbers on the Upwork website.

Your phone number is not visible.

There is no button to click to hide your phone number.

There are two possibilities:

a) The timing was a coincidence

b) Your job post included information that a visitor to the Upwork site was able to use to figure out how to send you a text message. Whoever did so is violating Upwork ToS. If an Upwork freelancer is caught doing that, they can be sanctioned, and even have their account permanently terminated.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

I'm sorry you've received an unsolicited message on WhatsApp. On Upwork, other users can't see your name or contact information on your job posting. They can only see the information that you included in the job description, title, and questions as well as your location, hire rate as a client on Upwork and some other stats. 

You can check this help article for more information on how to edit your project and remove the contact information from it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
430eb3d2
Community Member

Same here. Just posted a job and within a minute I was receiving a barrage of whatsapp text from multiple freelancers wanting to accept the contract

Hi Freedom, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify if you included any contact information in the Job Post? If so, you may want to remove any contact information from your job post. Please know that we can’t allow job posts with any off-platform contact information, like email addresses, phone numbers, Telegram information, etc. We do this to prevent scams and keep our marketplace safe.

You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths