🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can't report suspicious freelancer profiles
Page options
899f524f
Community Member

Can't report suspicious freelancer profiles

After a LOT of frustrating effort trying to find a way to report suspicious accounts, I finally found this explanation: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063118-Report-suspicious-user-activity

It says to click on "flag as inappropriate" on a profile, but for me the "..." button does not show that option.

I found a number of freelancer profiles (easily 10-15 or more) with the exact same profile content (including photos) but with different names and different cities within Germany. They all say "ID verified". I assume it's a scam of some kind, and all I wanted to do was email a screen shot of a search screen showing all the identical profiles, but that's frustratingly impossible apparently.

I'm new to Upwork and have not hired anyone yet, but this experience is quickly convincing me not to use it at all.

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi John,

I'm sorry about your experience. I'd be happy to help you. Please send me a PM by clicking on my name and kindly share more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
899f524f
Community Member

wrote:

Hi John,

I'm sorry about your experience. I'd be happy to help you. Please send me a PM by clicking on my name and kindly share more information. 

I just tried that, but I don't see any way to send you a PM from your profile. Screen shot attached.

Hi John,

Could you please try again? You should see the option now. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
9d4eb9fb
Community Member

I think it is not possible,

May be some freelancers are copying each other.

Moreover you can report them directly taking screenshot of their profile and email to Upwork team.

Second never Hire a freelancers blindly take their interview.

It takes some time but you will get 99.9% true freelancers.

At last there is no magical solution 

As I said, I wanted to email screen shots but after spending quite a bit of time looking I couldn't find any way of emailing support. If you have an answer for that I'd love to know about it.

ubangha
Community Member

Ok
Latest Articles
Learning Paths