🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unable to land my first job yet!
Page options
b59a306e
Community Member

Unable to land my first job yet!

Hi my name is Charles Oriaku, I'm not new on upwork yet unable to land my first job. Please assist.

2 REPLIES 2
918c1f16
Community Member

You and me both, and your profile pic is a lot better than mine.  The World economy is rough, and there's a lot of freelancers competing for less jobs than there are freelancers.  Sometimes, there's 50 proposals to a job and really, if someone posted on Upwork, they probably don't want to spend the time looking at 50 proposals.  I'm hoping this isn't a thing where the more money you spend, the better you do.  Like, how you can boost the order of your proposal by spending money.    I know if I got 40-50 proposals for work I need done, I'm simply not reading every single one.    Everyone on here freelancing seems  qualified enough, I'd just pick one and go.  It seems like they want the work done under market value (which is fine, I have no overhead or staff now) and in my field (legal), they want it fast, usually by a soon impending deadline (and that's fine), but I don't see how they have the time or desire to analyze 30, 40, 50 profiles and look at samples of work.  If it's a law firm, you can tell in 2 sentences if someone knows how to do the work or not and has done it before.

I literally just joined, so I'm going to flesh out my profile and add more.  I know, my pic, lol, it's my license pic, which isn't half bad for a drivers license, but  I tried several and couldn't resize them, but I'll fix that.  

Hang in there though, I haven't been on here long and I'm going to give it a fair chance.     If I learn anything helpful, I'll let you know.  

williamtcooper
Community Member

Please go to your settings and go from private to public so your profile can be viewed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths