🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I think i was cheated
Page options
9aaae8b6
Community Member

I think i was cheated

I take project from mirai ma company through the upwork and sucessfully completed their project. its cost 3000$. After the project submission , they asked me to pay 110$ for ID verification. And they told me too pay the initial payment 60$. I have made payment. here atteched the payment proof and other details. Now they ask me to additional payment for ID verification, Its unnecessary mathod to ask payments. I think they cheted on me. iam new commer to the freelancer platform. i dont know cow to recover my money from this cheater. pls help me to recover my money 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
759e32fa

Hi Mohamed,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please keep in mind that real clients will not ask for payment from freelancers as this is against ToS.

We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. Should you also encounter any suspicious user activity again in the future, please send us a flag so the dedicated team can review it and take action as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork
0496d95f
Community Member

same happened to me but alhamdulliah i have not payed even a single $ and seen your message.You saved me .We should report them

37d00be6
Community Member

Hi, mohamed please could you answer me, is this true, i have a work with this company and they asked me to pay 110$. You didn't get payed. 

hello
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths