🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to make Bid to be hired successfuly?
Page options
AndreaG

Tips for finding that first job

Hi all,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! We know landing that first contract can be challenging, so we built Upwork Academy and threads like this to help you get started. With a lot of resources and so little time, we wanted to put together some recommendations for you to check out first:

Do you have a specific question or maybe a tip to offer? Reply to this post and share your question, advice, or words of inspiration!

~Andrea
Upwork
303 REPLIES 303
3320202e
Community Member

Hi Andrea and upwork community members, I hope you are all doing great. I am new to this platform I got the Rising talent badge also. As a freelancer, I am providing services of Graphic Designing and Interior and Exterior Designing. 

Can you guys visit my profile and tell me what are main things which are missing in my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0167a3c0513b3bc351

I would be appreciate your response.

Regards,

Tehseen

3cef5b4a
Community Member

Upwork support please help me even though I have applied for many jobs but I am not getting any work but I am not getting any response from the client.

ada2422d
Community Member

I am new here kindly inform me how to get work from client I really need of job

21925a6d
Community Member

I found the best way is to set a goal each day to achieve when applying for a role. In addition, use the boot tool and quick engagement when a client reaches out to you. It's all about timing and numbers game. 

bd892d6a
Community Member

Hi Andrea, nice to meet you with popular upwork. I would like to mention you Mam. I have no any question. I want help from you so that I can earn .

bd892d6a
Community Member

Hello, I am first step using upwork. I have no pre expreince on upwork. But I know it is trusted and dependeble platform for earning. I am new but strongly looking translation, data entry and typing jobs. I have 3 years experience on that jobs in my home country.

177d4a68
Community Member

thank for welcoming among the community am from central african republic my languages are french ,english and sango but i don't have a specific question even some smallers such us how does the community work ,what are some rules that guid the community and to find customers easly . one more i greet all the members of the community

1. am skillfull in communication domaine[ journalism]
  2. educational profession [teaching ]
  3. in trade and busness management
  4. actvist and  skillfull ind human right  
3246b05f
Community Member

Though i got free contacts- i could not make proposal for a job?

fdb6fcf7
Community Member

Hi job plizzz

6f5b0901
Community Member

I m new here please guide,me how to find work here 

8d16a1fd
Community Member

How do I get knocked from clients without having troubles 

Hi Nasrin,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! The Upwork Community is where you can ask and answer questions, search for topics, learn, network with members, and get updates about Upwork.
Let’s get you started with the basics here at Upwork. Below are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:
You can also sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.
The Community is also where members can share feedback on existing features and suggestions for new features. If you have ideas on how we can improve your experience on Upwork, the Community is a great place to share them!
We hope you find these online resources helpful in your Upwork journey.
~ Joanne
Upwork
5cc1872f
Community Member

I have been updating my profile tags and tittle frequently then my profile views keeps increasing everyday but yet I'm not getting INVITATION TO JOBS. 
What can be the problem having profile views and not getting invitations to jobs 

Community Member

I am new on upwork and unable to get free connects

722a939a
Community Member

Thanks All comunity . This is my first day and first experience . So kindly u guide me thank you ❤️ 

796e8e29
Community Member

HI 

I am new tp upwork I just need to know how to apply my proposal main thing what points and any attachment we should mention in proposal.

818fd63c
Community Member

I want to offer video editingservices on upwork. How competitive is this category. 

Any tips on enhancing my profile and service offerings to win projects.

Thanx!

17586c32
Community Member

community member and new on upwork

d66e9138
Community Member

Hi can you help me get any first job from upwork?

307d1d7c
Community Member

Hi, Communities! I'm still looking forward to landing my first job on Upwork, being sending out proposals is just not converting, what can I do?

I have not been able to get a job on Upwork. What should I do?
818fd63c
Community Member

I've been trying to secure my first project in web development and design for the past three months without success. Could anyone share insights on what makes a compelling proposal, or tips on how to stand out to potential clients development  or designing? Thank you!

6eb496a4
Community Member

As a beginner on up work it  maybe very hard and stressfull to find a job to get get hired by a client but good news!!!.I have some tips for you to get more clients on upwork .

1.You must have a 100% complete profile, it is very necessary to have a hundred percent profile because it attracts clients and create a revenue for jobs.

2.When your profile is hundred percent complete you can now turn on your availability badge, it is a badge that let's clients know that you are ready for new work.

3.It is also advisable to send multiple number of proposals to increase the possibility of getting offers.I hope this content will be very useful and it will also be advisable to boost your profile and your proposal to get more views and offers and you can try upgrading to freelamcer plus membership which offers a hundred connects every month.

golam1979
Community Member

Hello,

I am new in upwork community. Sometimes it is difficult to get project. Long time I am waiting for the job, Can anyone tell me how to be successful?

Golam

Bangladesh

Hi Golam Mohammad,

1. Click on the “Apply Now” button.
  2. You will be redirected to the proposal submission page.
  3. Scroll down to the end of the page.
  4. Look for the section titled “Boost your proposal (optional).”
  5. Here, you will see the first four bids.
  6. Write your complete proposal in the provided text box.
  7. Before submitting your proposal, click on “Set Bid.”
  8. Confirm your bid amount.
  9. Finally, submit your proposal.

Remember that both bidding connects and proposal connects will be charged when you submit your proposal. Good luck Brother!

5d7a1720
Community Member

No, thanks, I wanted to know more about the proven tactics to get that first work.

72bd2fc5
Community Member

any tips?
50427a1c
Community Member

I need the job 

1fb431e1
Community Member

Hey there,
I'm new on Upwork and currently struggling on this platform. I would like to hear from you guys how much time it took for you to get your first jobs and what your feelings were afterward. Can some of you review my profile too?

cba43e8a
Community Member

Yes  I am job

4f8deceb
Community Member

Hii sir I am new this platform can you teach me 

a2aeb7fb
Community Member

How to work on upwork

ff430133
Community Member

Thank you so much, I am very happy with the Up work team. Confidence that we will do a good job. 

Kind regards.

40976a24
Community Member

40976a24
Community Member

I can you tell first do start first job then you have any experience is very inmportant for u other wise u not  have any experience then is impossible

3e20839e
Community Member

I need your help please help me 

c8ea77ea
Community Member

Hi, Upwork Team! I'm so glad to have welcomed here in your Community... now also MY community, if you would allow me to say it! I know I cannot only gain financially from this endeavor. With high hopes, i feel confident that i will be able to learn lots of things here, in whatever aspect of life it can be. CONGRATULATIONS to me!

d744dbb4
Community Member

how can I improve myself with vast knoledge.Thanks to all of you.

df5e8eb5
Community Member

Hi how are  you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths