🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I add someone in group chat or update...
Page options
zuas8522
Community Member

How can I add someone in group chat or update the permissions of existing people in the chat ?

I am in discussion with a potential client. After the initial conversation, the client requested to update the permissions or add another person to the group chat.

I am not able to update the permissions of an existing person in the chat or add a new person to that chat with the shared email address.

Please guide me on this.

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hi Zain,

Thank you for your message. You can add other people to your conversations, create new conversations, and archive conversations when you're finished. To create a new conversation, choose the three dots (...) menu and select Start a new conversation. To invite other users to your conversation, you will need to have them in your team or agency. Once you create a new group conversation with your team members, you can change or update the permission by clicking the three dots (...) on the right side of the conversation window under the 'People' section. You can refer to this help page to learn more. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

What if the person is not in my team list or friend list, how do I add them to collaborate with me on a project?

A Friend want to add me to a group chat with a client, but finding it unable to do that.

How do he add me to the group chat for effective collaboration.

Hi Ebenezer,

As Pradeep mentioned in his post, you'll need to be part of that person's team or agency; you can't be added otherwise. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b223f632
Community Member

Hi Luiggir,

Thanks for emphasizing that.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths