🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with Funding the Direct Contract.
Page options

Issue with Funding the Direct Contract.

Some users are experiencing errors with funding Direct Contracts. 

Error message: “Unfortunately your browser or extension are preventing us from updating payment information. Please try to change browser or disable all browser extensions.”

Screenshot of the error for reference. 

NikolaS_0-1708702543526.png

We would like to let you know that we shared your reports with our team and our engineers are working as fast as possible to resolve this issue. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 02/26/2024 

We would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. We will be closing this thread from further replies. 

Thank you for your patience. 

71 Comments
0bde6c58
Community Member

Why do i keep getting this error when i try to make a pyment: Unfortunately your browser or extensions are preventing us from updating your payment information. Please try to change browser or disable all browser extensions?

PradeepH

Hi Norman,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while making a payment. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

62e13473453cbad4
Community Member

Sorry for this here post but i needed to create an account just to get help , hopefully, since a person offered a contract to me through here since i do not have cashapp and he doesnt want to use Paypal directly , i can understand that but this webiste seems to have an issue with me and my phone.

"Unfortunately your browser or extensions are preventing us from updating your payment information. Please try to change browser or disable all browser extensions"
this message pops up on firefox (clean install) , Chrome (clean install) Microsoft edge (only used once to download brave) Brave even after shutting down tracker block allowing full access from the website to my pc and turning off all "do not track features" and safari ( clean install ) 
i did also check for tls and ssl setting which are exactly as shwon in faq .... 
how do i proceed here ?
could this be because of me using a version of Win 11 that has no telemetry enabled on the kernel and software Level regarding my PC itself ?

but then i used my Phone with preinstalled Chrome to try this too yet the same message appears

3e793f5c
Community Member

Hi All:

My client is going ahead with my Direct Contract Proposal and is in the process to enter the Credit Card information when they get the following error:

3e793f5c_0-1708458356335.png

The client has tried using multiple browsers.

Has anyone encountered this problem? What could be the issue?

I would appreciate if someone could help or create a Support Ticket. I don't know how to create a Support Ticket.

Thanks,

Shailesh

ArjayM

Hi Shailesh,

I see that you're already coordinating with the support team via a support ticket about your Direct Contract payment concerns. Please continue communicating with the team through that ticket or your email so that they can assist you more efficiently.

3e793f5c
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I just added this issue to ticket that you had created earlier which they had marked as Resolved. The Ticket is now showing as 'Open'. Hopefully, it will get addressed soon.

Thanks,

Shailesh

bogdanzaytsev
Community Member

Good day! I have a question regarding payment. I have a direct contract with my client and he can not fund the next milestone (but before everything was ok). He tried everything, tried to pay using a clean install browser (no extensions), tried to pay from different browsers, from the computer, from a laptop, and tried to pay from the mobile phone. Tried to use Paypal, and tried to pay with the card. But he always receives the following error:

“Unfortunately your browser or extension are preventing us from updating payment information. Please try to change browser or disable all browser extensions.”

But he already tried to change browsers, incognito mode in browsers, and even tried using clean install browsers.

Can you please help us with the above matter?

8f5f5210
Community Member

Hi!
I have the same problem with 3 clients 🤔
Is there any solution?

LuiggiR

Hi Bogdan,

I'm sorry to learn about your client's experience. I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

LuiggiR

Hi Hilmi,

I'm sorry to learn you're also experiencing this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.