🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Requesting Experts to review my profile
Page options
Community Member

Requesting Experts to review my profile

I am new to Upwork. Please review my profile and advise. Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Mansoor,

Decent start to your profile, but your overview/summary does not have enough information to convince clients to hire you. To make your profile more appealing to clients, use your overview/summary to tell clients the services you provide (you have done that), your experience providing those services, and how providing those services will benefit them. Clients come to Upwork with specific needs and they look for freelancers who can meet those needs and get results.

Other improvements you should make:

1) Add more IT/troubleshooting related items to your portfolio. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients, and clients will expect to see a few samples from an IT professional. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

2) Add more IT-related skill categories to your skills list. If your troubleshoot and provide technical support for video and audio systems, your current skill categories are fine. If not, then those skill categories are not relevant to your IT support services. Upwork uses these skill categories to match you with relevant jobs, and to help your profile appear in search results when clients search for those skills.

Once you update your summary, clients will better understand how you can help them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Mansoor,

Decent start to your profile, but your overview/summary does not have enough information to convince clients to hire you. To make your profile more appealing to clients, use your overview/summary to tell clients the services you provide (you have done that), your experience providing those services, and how providing those services will benefit them. Clients come to Upwork with specific needs and they look for freelancers who can meet those needs and get results.

Other improvements you should make:

1) Add more IT/troubleshooting related items to your portfolio. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients, and clients will expect to see a few samples from an IT professional. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

2) Add more IT-related skill categories to your skills list. If your troubleshoot and provide technical support for video and audio systems, your current skill categories are fine. If not, then those skill categories are not relevant to your IT support services. Upwork uses these skill categories to match you with relevant jobs, and to help your profile appear in search results when clients search for those skills.

Once you update your summary, clients will better understand how you can help them.

Community Member

Thank you Clark for reviewing my profile. I will definately follow your advice and improve my profile and hope this will get me my first job soon.

Thanks again

Latest Articles
Learning Paths