🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Hello! Could you please review my new Upwork ...
Page options
Community Member

Hello! Could you please review my new Upwork profile?

:glowing_star: Hi everyone!

I hope you're all doing well.

I recently created my Upwork profile and I would really appreciate some feedback from the community here. For a few years I was working on another field, but recently made the decision to return working as a full time Children's Book Illustrator, since it has aways been my passion.

I've put a lot of effort into crafting it my profile, but I believe there's room for improvement. I also sent a few proposals, but had no sucess in getting a job. 

If you could spare a few moments to take a look and provide any suggestions or critiques, I'd be extremely grateful.

Constructive criticism is welcome, as I'm always striving to enhance my profile to better attract potential clients and showcase what I can offer.

Here's the link to my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011052964d53aca74b

Thank you in advance for your time and input!

Best regards,

Tai

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Hello Thaisa,

I think your profile looks really good. Your overview/summary does a good job of going through the steps of working with a client to build their children's book illustrations. The only slight change I would make to your summary is the second sentence. I would add a few words that show volume:

With 5+ years of experience in illustrating children's books across various genres, I have developed hundreds of character designs, environments and portraits.

Your portfolio, skills, and certifications look great. I suggest adding a short job description to the freelance job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

Everything else looks great.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Hello Thaisa,

I think your profile looks really good. Your overview/summary does a good job of going through the steps of working with a client to build their children's book illustrations. The only slight change I would make to your summary is the second sentence. I would add a few words that show volume:

With 5+ years of experience in illustrating children's books across various genres, I have developed hundreds of character designs, environments and portraits.

Your portfolio, skills, and certifications look great. I suggest adding a short job description to the freelance job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

Everything else looks great.

Good luck!

Community Member

Hello Clark,

Hope you are having an amazing day 🤗

Thank you so much for your feedback! I already made the suggested changes.

I'll try me best to build my profile and find clients, so I can build my portifolio and become a Top Rated freelancer.

Best regards,

Tai

Latest Articles
Learning Paths