🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » clients posting same projects without cancell...
Page options
rolludesig
Community Member

clients posting same projects without cancelling the previous posting

This is now a new trend i have seen number of clients posting the same project again and again...isnt it waste of connects for freelancers like us..i have reported the latest one i really hope action is taken on such clients.

i was in between interview with the client and saw that he posted same project again ...and he is verified client as well

11 REPLIES 11
spectralua
Community Member

It isnt a new trend. I reported that many times. Upwork never deleted that spam and never refunded connects. Some spamers reposting hourly, some daily. Spam posting is free and welcomed here. Be careful.

yeah but he is a verified client with few paid projects successfully completed...i will definately call it a spam by a verified client

Yep, but it is allowed. Spamer free to do it.

Sorry, but as-is. 

"...but he is a verified client with few paid projects successfully completed..."

Is possible, or even likely the spammers "hire" cronies for their jobs to give the client's history an image of credibility.

Upwork needs to do more effort in getting veracity with the postings. I recall a few years ago being required to post photo, get on a video phone call, answer question and prove identity before being allowed to continue.

This needs to be done for the ones posting job offers too.

"Member since today's date, or yesterday," is suspicious too. "Payment unverfied" hoists a red flag too.

This platform NEEDS to require those who post jobs to pay.a fee before the git go. Yes, and the fee is lost if the post continues to be ignored, or not followed up.

I have wasted so many connects on jobs where the "client last viewed" is the same day it was posted...this being weeks later, e.g. Last viewed by client: 2 months ago

Oh yeah... no hires too!!!

The only "hire" is the "higher" costs of looking for the rare success.

Yeah, happens a lot and it's not new. Nothing more than spamming and should be considered scamming.

tjmisny
Community Member

AKA Upwork harvesting connects money 

AKA Upwork harvesting connects money 

Unlike other crops, the Upwork harvesting season is 12 months long!!!

fred-derf
Community Member

Hello, can someone help. The site has this banner ad:

BadgeAvail.png

 Sounds super!! I have had the "available" badge turned on for over two manths! 

AvailNow.png

Help me on this...I was very weak in math. 😮 What exactly is 50% more invites of ZERO?  🙀

I'm curious, how much money did you lose by having that worthless badge on for 2+ months?  

Going by the current "connects" pricing scheme, 60 connects is $9.

Pales in comparison to all the other connects that are down in the abyss. Lost count of the proposals but it's a hefty penny.

Another common theme with so many "offers" is the lack of response, or the client followup on the post. We can see "offers" from weeks ago where the "last viewed by client" is the same day it's posted.

So often I will wait a day or two before submitting a proposal.

One might think Upwork would return the connects after a certain length of time, but naw...just piles up the cash for the executives.

You've just answered your own question "What exactly is 50% more invites of ZERO?": it is + $9 for UW.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members