🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Working hourly as an illustrator
Page options
digitalartistb
Community Member

Working hourly as an illustrator

Hi, I was wondering how will I track my work if I have to draw traditionally - I have to draw on a pencil and paper, scan them then edit on pc once done. How will I track my hourly work in this kind of job? Do I have to turn the tracker on (while drawing on paper), which will record the hours work, but the screenshots will be desktop only? I hope you can help me with this. Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8
digitalartistb
Community Member

I really need an answer to this. :( Please help? I don't wanna make mistakes.

Maybe you could make it with a webcam, although it won't record mouse clicks. In any case you should talk it first with your client, in my opinnion. Maybe it would be better to get an agreement to introduce the hours manually.

Thanks! I think that is a good idea. I'll try to inform my client about it. I'm afraid entering hours manually. 😞

or agree to a price for a fixed-price job...

Hi Bemmygail, The only way to track time for something that you need to do on paper first would be to add manual time and naturally you need your client's consent for this. Talk to them and then maybe start the tracker at the beginning and the end to mark the exact interval of time, you can fill in manual hours in between the two screenshots later. But it is very important to talk to your client and explain that you need to add manual time before attempting it. You can't simply leave it running while you work as the lack of keyboard/mouse activity will put it in idle mode hence no time will get tracked that way. Hope this helps.

Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...

Okay, so basically I have to enter time manually if I draw on paper, then track it with odesk team viewer if I am ready to do it on illustrator on my pc, right?

yep, right.

Yes, after you have your client's consent for manual time 🙂

Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...