🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Very low rates for projects that require a lo...
Page options
dandzomba
Community Member

Very low rates for projects that require a lot of skils and time

Hello guys,
What is happening with the rates on Upwork ... it seems to go in the direction of Fiver. There are a lot of jobs there with fixed rates of 20$ or even 10$. You dont even get back the money to pay the connections.
Also a lot of very low rates for complex tasks requiring a lot of skils , from back end to front end. I know that they are here becasue they want to get a better offer compared to working directly with a company but the rates are ridiculous.

6 REPLIES 6
khushbu_gohil
Community Member

I think integration of AI suggested price on client side...which is not real

So focus on high paying post only...ignore low pay

fernandocar
Community Member

I'm a video editor and sometimes I see jobs for US$2. I think the platform should require a minimum contract value.

tjmisny
Community Member

The sheer number of postings with rates below the cost of living in most parts of the world never ceases to amaze me.... 

1bde76c5
Community Member

I'm a full stack developer and fairly new on Upwork with 7 contracts completed and a 100% 5-stars rating. Up until 2012 I worked in a corporate environment and when I see the rates on Upwork now, I almost can't believe how low these are. Seriously, I'd make about three times more money when working at the local  gasoline station. Even worse: I see other upworkers, who are on the platform many years already, with a 100% 5-stars rating, dozens of projects delivered and tens of thousands of dollars made. None of these full stack developers asked for more than 40 USD per hour, while most were around 30!

So, if you aren't a lucky individual living in a low cost of living failed state like Ukraine or similar, you will hardly make ends meet. And if, then with a ludicrously low income.

Upwork needs to fix this or it'll become a pure third world slave market.

I'd like to add that a full stack developer in Switzerland makes between 100'000 up to 190'000 USD p.a. which equals an hourly rate of 50 to 90 USD. Corporations pay day-rates if anything between 400 to 800 USD for an Associate Consultant, respectively Senior Consultant. I'll see how things develop until later this year and if no improvement I will have to find a different solution.

Yeah I see low pay job post since this February and scam also increase connects again...and talent also keep their rate low but in my country developers take $120 per hour with 3-4 year experience which is in my country not in USA so I can see that overall low budget jobs are here when they increase connects this time in Feb someone asking website page development in $25 🙄 it's not client mistake but when they enter this type of amount not have to pop up like your budget is low and market value of your job post between this and this with range so they can get idea and upwork can maintain quality 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members