🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork support is not responding
Page options
sarathytech
Community Member

Upwork support is not responding

My Upwork account was suspended few days because I violated TOS( unknowingly). The support team is unresponsive now. Please kindly help

I'm in a very bad situation
48 REPLIES 48
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Partha,

Sorry about the delayed response here. I see that you've been communicating with our team via your support ticket though and they've been assisting you. If you have any further questions, feel free to update your support ticket. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria, I am also facing the same issue. Upwork has not gotten back to me with a reply yet and it is a very timely situation. Please I need urgent assistance on my current contract, it was refunded to my client without consent and the project has been completed. Please can you look into this? Thank you 

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your contract. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket. Please note that all inquiries via support tickets are handled the same way they are received in the queue. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to respond to your support ticket.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Mr.Pradeep, I have submitted few tickets regarding some issues i am facing in my upwork account, but i have note received any response. It's been more than a week for some of my tickets. Can you check and help there?

Hi SR L,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the support team and one of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Mr. Pradeep, it's been more that 24-48 hours since I submitted my request to UpWork Support but there has been no response. 

I sent other two tickets today as well. Please kindly help!

Regards,

Raisha

Hi Raisha,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have initiated multiple support tickets on your account. Please note that all inquiries via support tickets are answered in the manner they are received in the queue. That said, please allow 48 hours for the team to review and respond to your inquiry. Please avoid creating multiple tickets as this may delay responses to your requests.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Mr. Pradeep,

I really appreciate your reply. It had been more than 6 days since I created my initial support ticket and as no one responded I sent direct email to **edited for Community Guidelines** which got me a reply. Hence, multiple tickets creation.

The issues I want to understand are regarding Tax and Location re-verification. These are both very important for me to solve within Thurs-Fri otherwise my Upwork account will be disabled. So, I really hope the UpWork support replies me ASAP.

Thank you again!

Regardsm

Raisha

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raisha, 

I can see that you're being assisted through your support ticket. Note that tickets are addressed by the order they are received. There may be a delay due to the increase in the volume of support requests but rest assured our representatives will get back to you as soon as possible.

~ Avery
Upwork
raishasth
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Yes, they got back to me. As I me mentioned there are two issues I need help with:

1. Location Re-Verification
  2. Updating my tax info -  W-8BEN

My location verification is under review.

But regarding W-8BEN Form which I sent to UpWork's tax department (as asked by UpWork support); there has been no response. I am not sure if my form that I filled is correct and accepted. 

I got an email with texts.... It’s important to complete the form by Dec. 31, 2022, otherwise we will have to begin withholding U.S. income taxes from your earnings on Upwork.

I need an assurance email that all is fine now and it won't affect my earnings. 

Thank you!

Regards,

Raisha

Hello I am suffering the same issue and Upwork is really my main income that I rely on so please if you could help me get in touch with someone as my ticket has not been responed to. 

Hi Omar,

We apologize for the delay. Please know that we have already submitted a follow-up to our team. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you directly. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
4db4ccfc
Community Member

Hi Joanne, thank you for the support.

it has been 2 days and I haven't seen any update, this is crucial as I am currently in the process of 2 projects so i don't what to do. 

Please can you help me with this as my reputation with my clients and livelihood is at stake.

Thanks,

You bought crypto for someone? 

If your client's payment method fails, or they request a chargeback, and/or you were involved in activities that were against the terms of service, then your payment will be reversed. Your client is the person that you need to talk to about this.

mubahsar
Community Member

Hey Upwork Team,
I crated a ticket on the last sunday but now today it's wednesday but No one reach out to me and it's above 48 hours kindly look at my ticket and respond to it.
Thanks

Hi Amina,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your name mismatch status. One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
mubahsar
Community Member

Hey Upwork Team,

I opened a ticket 48 hours ago and your support give me the time of 24 to 48 hours now it's above 2 days but no one is responding to me. Please help me and respond to my question asked on the ticket.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to our team to follow up on your ticket. Kindly allow our team more time to get to your ticket and we'll respond as soon as we can. Thank you for your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
hasanrizvi7
Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue and Upwork has not been responding or resolving my issue. My issue is,  I cannot join an agency, when I click on accept invite so it redirects me to Upwork's home page. My issue is not being addressed by Upwork's customer representative. As a result, I am not able to work for my client.

Hi Syed,

I understand that you may not be satisfied with how your concern is being handled, but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they are providing the correct information and instructions. I would recommend responding to the same ticket thread so that the team is updated with your concerns and is able to assist you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thankyou for your prompt response. Unfortunately, the team is least bothered in addressing my concern. Is there a way I can reach out to someone more responsible or expedite this process in any way.

I have been facing this weird issue with accepting an invite from an agency. Whenever I click on acccept invitation, it would redirect me to Upwork's home page. I reported the issue and opened up a ticket for it, but its been 5 days and I haven't recieved an appropriate response.

Hi Syed Muhammad,

I can see that you've been communicating with the team through this support ticket and your report has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. Please allow our team time to review your case closely and you should be getting an update within 24-48 hours.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, its been more than 3 days since my last contact with the suppourt team. Is there any way that I can expedite this hectic process of not recieveing any response from the suppourt team. 

I only opened another ticket after not recieveing any response from the suppourt team for more than 5 days atleast. It's just very unprofessional of the suppourt team not responding or updating me regarding my issue.

For your knowledge, the first ticket I opened (ticket ID #37248895), was on 9th october 2022 over the issue of not being able to accept an invitation from an agency. The suppourt team has not been able to give me an adequate response regarding my issue. 

All I wanted to know is what I should expect, if my issue is going to be resolved or not.

Hi  Syed Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back from the relevant team, but you can be assured that they're aware of your issue and are currently working on a solution. Kindly allow more time for them to get back to you and continue communication with the through your already opened support ticket, since they're the ones who can best assist you at this time. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thankyou for responding, but that's very unethical and unprofessional of the team that they can't even respond in a week's time. All this makes me assume that there's no stipulated time period for a ticket to be resolved.

e8835025
Community Member

The same thing is happening to me, I have opened a ticket since yesterday but no response. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/38593075?page=1

Hi Aisa,

Thank you for your message. I checked the support ticket you are referring to and noticed that the team has already responded to your message. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep H,

I also have the same issue that the customer support team is not responding to my tickets and it's been over 4 days. You can check these two tickets: 38593783 and 38366253.

Thank you

Hi Giedrius,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
021376d7
Community Member

I have a challenge that's been on my neck for days. I violated a rule unknowingly, and I was not able to send proposal, a ticket was created but it didn't hit my email and it's market resolved I found it on my support request。 I have sent all the requested information but there's no response. I have added the previous  ticket no to my thread for easy look up yet no response. Please kindly assist I'm totally stuck. 

Give them some time. If the forum and my private messages are any indication, there are many people who want to make money getting into serious trouble and wanting Upwork to save them.

"Unknowingly"...did Upwork hide the information? Did they block your ability to read the rules? Did they change the rules, just to penalize you?  You didn't learn the rules, use common sense, and you paid for it. Take it as a lesson learned.

Apparently, Upwork considers the case closed. If you don't want to be permanently banned and be scammed again, follow the rules. There is no excuse for ignorance on this platform regarding Upwork rules.

I totally agree with you. Unknowingly is that I didn't do any obvious thing, it's still what's possible on the platform as a feature. My account isn't suspended just that I can't submit proposal until the information is provided. I have provided that clarification. I understood they are doing so to protect the integrity of the platform and us users that's great thing to do, I'm only worried  because I have not heard back from them on the support ticket. Thanks for your reply 

eeddab2f
Community Member

Hello Upwork, 
i don't know to get a support from you, i made a deal with a freelancer here and the work is done, and when i tried to pay, it's not working, i prefer to pay during upwork, i tried more than working card (visa) and paypal is not working only with upwork even paypal support asked me to back to you becayse the acount is fine and upwork telling me that i need to activate my paypal account first !!!

i created payoneer account, but i even can't see an option here by upwork to link my payoneer with upwork !!!
i don't know why it's very complicated now, i used upwork before and it's worked fine that time but now !!!!!!!

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d27445bd
Community Member

I also need support. My account was suspended, I made a ticket two weeks ago. I really would appreicate any help

Hi Leo,

Apologies for the delay, and thank you for contacting us here in the Community. I've submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your case. Rest assured; the team will address your concerns and questions via the same ticket here as soon as possible.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members