🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 🥇 Unveiling My Upwork Success Story: $10M Mi...
Page options
zansari
Community Member

🥇 Unveiling My Upwork Success Story: $10M Milestone Achieved! Let's Elevate Each Other's Journey!

Greetings,

Embarking on this journey, I first shared my insights within the newbie group, extending a helping hand to those just starting out. Today, I'm thrilled to delve deeper into the intricacies of freelancing, ready to assist my peers in overcoming challenges and seizing opportunities.

For over a decade, I've been immersed in the world of Upwork, tracing back to its earlier iterations as oDesk and Elance. Despite being a silent observer on the forums, I've recognized the immense value in actively engaging and sharing knowledge.

I invite you to pose your inquiries, knowing that I'm here to offer guidance and support. But before you do, here's a glimpse into my journey:

Greetings,

Embarking on this journey, I first shared my insights within the newbie group, extending a helping hand to those just starting out. Today, I'm thrilled to delve deeper into the intricacies of freelancing, ready to assist my peers in overcoming challenges and seizing opportunities.

For over a decade, I've been immersed in the world of Upwork, tracing back to its earlier iterations as oDesk and Elance. Despite being a silent observer on the forums, I've recognized the immense value in actively engaging and sharing knowledge.

I invite you to pose your inquiries, knowing that I'm here to offer guidance and support. But before you do, here's a glimpse into my journey:

👉Proud Holder of the Top Rated Plus Badge for the Past 3 Consecutive Years at Upwork 

👉Over $10 Million Earned on Upwork and other Freelance Platforms

👉Successfully Completed 8000+ Jobs Across Various Freelance Platforms

👉Established Meaningful Collaborations with Over 1,000+ Clients

👉 Invested Over 50,000+ Hours Crafting Solutions for Clients

👉Garnered 950+ Glowing 5-Star Reviews

With gratitude for your consideration, let's embark on a collaborative journey toward greater success and fulfillment in freelancing.

Warm Regards,
Zain

Best Wishes Zulqarnain Ansari (Zain)
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Several comments have been removed or edited because they violated the Community Guidelines and this thread has now been closed. We are grateful for the open dialogue our community members engage in here. We want to remind everyone that the Upwork Community is a professional forum and encourage everyone to provide feedback constructively. Remember that when posting comments that specifically identify or address an individual, you refer to an actual person. Please keep the feedback coming and remember, we are a community of professionals. We appreciate the passion, but we should all take care to use a professional, respectful approach when posting in the forums.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

123 REPLIES 123
saimaansari
Community Member

🙏

miriam-ocampo
Community Member

wow, how did you make 10M charging 21 USD per hour?

Apologies for the oversight, but just to clarify, it did take me 23 years to reach this point. It's a long journey from rentacoder to Upwork.

Regarding my hourly rate, it's worth noting that it has evolved over time. Eight years ago, I was charging $50 per hour. You can refer to my Upwork profile for a comprehensive breakdown of billing, where you'll find records of 4000 hours billed at $50 per hour for a single client and there are many in other freelance platforms too. You may search my name and see my work in many platforms.

If you want to impress people, you need to show some facts.

No, your profile is devoid of some of the most important numbers, like your earnings. You are the one making claims, and you bear the burden of proof.

bobafett999
Community Member

Then why are you hiding your earnings?

Point

I have some projects in my portfolio that were completed for slightly less than $1000 and lasted only one or two days. Due to the nature of these projects, I prefer to keep them confidential to avoid any confusion when discussing rates with clients or potential clients. I hope you understand. Thank you. However, if you guys wanted to see just let me know and I will unhide for a day.

Yes, we want to see it. 

So, have you seen them? The OP stated he would show them upon request. Surely, he isn't going to go back on his word, that he put in writing.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** Buyers can see you earning and the the rate you charge for r other gigs

It could be that earnings were from fixed price. I also made more than 3M but only worked hourly a long time ago when my rate was quite low.

But yes, hiding earnings is suspicious.

If you want to brag about your earnings, you should show the proof. It's interesting if you look at who is hiding their earnings, and the patterns that evolve.

You were taken up on your offer days ago.

Shared my friend.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Here are my inquiries.

Are you doing this to gain more followers?

As Prashant mentioned, why hide your earnings if you are sharing your success?

For all we know, you made $42.00.

Do you employ/use/have other people work with/for you?

Where is the evidence for claims like "8000" jobs?

"Ten million on Upwork and other platforms"

Where is your evidence for any of this? **Edited for Community Guidelines** If you want to share, and make claims to lead people, you need some shred of evidence and you have offered none.

If you knew anything about Upwork, you would know that your 5 stars are window dressing - **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I don't care to go through all of your wild claims, but if and until you find some evidence, it is nothing but bragging.

Anyone can claim anything. If you are sincere, then post facts, and stop hiding your earnings. If you are going to claim dollar figures, you better be able to back them up. There is nothing in your post that can be proven.

@Please share

Shared

Here's response to your inquiries.

Are you doing this to gain more followers?
• Certainly not. I'm uncertain whether the Upwork community includes a follower feature; thus far, I haven't observed it.

As Prescient mentioned, why hide your earnings if you are sharing your success?

• I have some projects in my portfolio that were completed for slightly less than $1000 and lasted only one or two days. Due to the nature of these projects, I prefer to keep them confidential to avoid any confusion when discussing rates with clients or potential clients. I hope you understand. Thank you. However, if you guys wanted to see just let me know and I will unhide for a day.

For all we know, you made $42.00.
• Could you please provide the source of this figure?

Do you employ/use/have other people work with/for you?
• Firstly, I'm the owner of a company where 20 individuals officially employed, each with their own ids at Upowrk. Secondly, while all of them specialize in design, they don't handle the specific tasks I undertake, such as formulating UX vision and strategy, conducting user research, and implementing design systems within large-scale applications.

Where is the evidence for claims like "8000" jobs?
• Certainly, if you're not convinced this is merely a promotional strategy, I invite you to search my name on Google and review my profiles across various freelance platforms where I actively engage. Additionally, you can find evidence of my expertise on mentorship platforms, Question & Answer applications, and LinkedIn, all of which contribute to my credibility and track record. The figure of 8000 jobs mentioned is actually conservative; I've undertaken numerous projects on freelance platforms dating back to 1999 until 2003, though I must admit, I didn't keep meticulous records during that period.

Ten million on Upwork and other platforms

Where is your evidence for any of this? **Edited for Community Guidelines** If you want to share, and make claims to lead people, you need some shred of evidence and you have offered none.
• I've addressed that in an earlier point. Again,I'm already offered to see my profile, a simple search required. Not all of my profiles hiding earnings. I can even unhide my Upwork earnings by the way.

If you knew anything about Upwork, you would know that your 5 stars are window dressing - **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I don't care to go through all of your wild claims, but if and until you find some evidence, it is nothing but bragging.
• It appears that my post may not be quite what you're looking for, and that's perfectly okay. I appreciate you taking the time to engage with it nonetheless.

Anyone can claim anything. If you are sincere, then post facts, and stop hiding your earnings. If you are going to claim dollar figures, you better be able to back them up. There is nothing in your post that can be proven.
• Your opinion appreciated. Rest assured, I am sincere in my communications, and I strive to provide accurate information based on my experiences and knowledge. Let's assess whether others recognize the value here and whether they're interested in engaging further through questions or sessions.

jamilumer
Community Member

Waiting

saimaansari
Community Member

Zulqarnain, thank you for generously sharing your valuable insights and success stories with the community. Your experiences and advice are incredibly valuable to beginners and seasoned freelancers alike.

It's unfortunate that some individuals are attempting to detract from your contributions with accusations. Please don't let their negativity deter you from continuing to share your knowledge and expertise. Your willingness to help others navigate the freelancing world is commendable, and I, along with many others, greatly appreciate it.

Keep up the fantastic work!

nevermind

zansari
Community Member

You may notice certain emotional responses in my comments, which are not included in the capabilities of ChatGPT. 😋

For what it's worth, the chatbots are perfectly capable of regurgitating emotions from the real people whose work was stolen.

So your point is that people don't share and celebrate their success, even if he is saying to share his data for transparency and he also mentioned that he is willing to share the insights and provide mentorship.

What kind of community is portraying here.

When someone posts a giant ad, (which looks like two other recent posts) with absolutely no facts, and absolutely no help, it is of no benefit. It's bragging and collecting. Again, where is the helpfulness in any of the OP's posts? There is none. He is not sharing any data, none.  Saying, posting, etc. is not using facts. There is no transparency, no facts, and no benefit.

Celebrating "success" if it's even real, is one thing. Bragging about your alleged success and trying to get followers and more people for the "company" which is not mentioned until I pushed the question, is not helpful.

If the OP was interested in helping, there are many ways to accomplish this. I have yet to read anything helpful, and even the chatbot isn't helping.

All the figures being used are hearsay until backed up by data. Upwork can be a very dangerous place. No one, should trust anyone, without hard evidence. That goes for clients and freelancers.

If people need help, or want to learn, they should use the link to the Academy and the resources available.

Saima, Thanks for your message. Feel free to ask any questions you have, and I'll do my best to answer them.
Regarding the different opinions shared, I don't see it as unfortunate at all. In fact, diverse perspectives often lead to a deeper understanding and point of view sharing. I appreciate all comments and viewpoints.

wrote:

Saima, Thanks for your message. Feel free to ask any questions you have, and I'll do my best to answer them.

LOL, you two work together in your agency - don't you talk to each other all the time? 

If you sincerely feel this way, why did you upvote several of my posts about this situation?

saimaansari
Community Member

Thank you for your contributions to the community, and we look forward to learning from you.

I am always avaialble to share my learning.

Saima, you're one of the business managers of Zulqarnain's Upwork agency. What do you mean, "we look forward to learning from you"? The two of you already know each other. Are you saying that you haven't learned anything from him before now?

sundas_zahra
Community Member

Following to see your response Zulqarnain

I have responded back Sundas. Do you have any query?

069cc2a0
Community Member

Congratulations Zulqarnain 👏   :party_popper:

zansari
Community Member

Thanks Steven

437599bf
Community Member

Whether it is be for the sake of the followers, or attention, The post has some great insights from his experience. I wonder, why people are unable to see that? 
Thanks @Zulqarnain for posting this. Please keep it up. 

Could you quote those "great insights"?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Proud Holder of the Top Rated Plus Badge for the Past 3 Consecutive Years at Upwork 

No proof.

Over $10 Million Earned on Upwork and other Freelance Platforms

No proof.

Successfully Completed 8000+ Jobs Across Various Freelance Platforms

No proof

Established Meaningful Collaborations with Over 1,000+ Clients

No proof.

Invested Over 50,000+ Hours Crafting Solutions for Clients

No proof.

Garnered 950+ Glowing 5-Star Reviews

No proof.  173 jobs on Upwork.

Any real freelancer knows the stars have not been part of the JSS or anything, except to look pretty. That has/is changing slightly, but only recently.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**, where is the advice? Where are the insights? There are none.

zansari
Community Member

Thanks Jordan,

My first motive was to celebrate my success with fellow freelancer in same community. I thought we might gell in but clearly it seems difficult.

My second motive was to show freelancers that if I can achieve from a third world country you guys can achieve. I thought it will help others to keep moving in hard times. I could've share many things that how my earning was increase 4X during corona when there was litterly no work in the first month and what strategies I adapted etc but no one asked anything but trying to twist things on other directions.

bobafett999
Community Member

As of today he is charging $50 instead of $21!

Man people on this forum are not stupid.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members