🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unprofessional client
Page options
aabhash-rai
Community Member

Unprofessional client

Hello Upwork, I have a client whose work I was doing few months back. It was going fine for few months. Contract is still active but I am not doing anything on that contract because the client keeps disappearing for a long time and I just don’t want to clock the hours and charge her anymore . Client comes back once a month or even more than that and asks for update. To which I always say you have to give me Apple developer account and a hosting server to continue. This is because I have come to a state in the project where I need these things to continue. But these has been going for a while now. I am sick and tired of this and I don’t want to continue the contract anymore. Furthermore, the requirement she gave me was totally different from what she had in her mind. I told her multiple times that this not what you said before.
The whole thing has started to get toxic and very draining and I don’t think it’s good for my mental peace. Definitely the communication gap is very clear and there is no intention of keeping it clear and professional. Please what do you suggest me? I don’t want to continue the contract anymore.

I am doing and hourly contract, what will happen if she asks for refund? I haven't work in contract for more than 4 months now.

2 REPLIES 2
spectralua
Community Member

Why do you clocking that if doin nithing? It is rules violation.

You can close contract at any time you want. Client as well.

Good way if you will ask client to close contract and explain why you want that. To avoid bad feedback.

Money already received is your. But if you realy cheated with time then Upwork can take action for you.

Hi Mykola, thank you for your reply. No I haven't clocked time since she started disappearing. I am glad I didn't.

As you said I am going to ask her to close the contract.

thank you 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members