🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UNREALISTIC BIDS
Page options
sirjotajota
Community Member

UNREALISTIC BIDS

Upwork is now a crowded space when theres no any quality control or filter for designers, you have to invest in education, equipment, techniques, courses, etc, and suddenly appears an asiatic designer with ugly work making logos, book covers and others for just $5... and then people with vast experience without having any project due to their rates... so... is this even fair ? is this even real ?

I have more than 10 years of experience in only book cover making and im not having any work, just cause theres always a guy who has a $5 price for an excessive ammount of work or unrealistic jobs...

I think this needs some kind of filter and minimun

8 REPLIES 8
thomasbrowninc
Community Member

Upwork is the new Fiverr. It's a shame 😢

I'd say that Fiverr is actually doing better and Upwork is now the dollar store for freelancer workers. 

nav_designer
Community Member

"I predicted two years ago that Upwork would become like Fiverr."

sirjotajota
Community Member

Upwork needs to improve its standards... is uncaptable that a client offers just $5 to make a book cover design (for example) and you have to pay $6 to buy those credits to make that bid... **Edited for Community Guidelines**makes the whole job for a ridiculous ammount of money, like that, $5... i have studies, suscriptions, technology, etc and its imposible to have a realistic job here, and that payment im talking is without upworks fee... 

Don't look for or accept dirt cheap jobs. If you have the skills, then charge for them. No one has to accept these terrible jobs.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**There will always be people willing to do projects  for cheaper than you for a myriad of reasons. Be better, have better skills, and clients that are willing to pay for quality will hire you. I've made over $100k on this platform as a writer, part time, in a very saturated market. You have to know the type of client that is right for you and focus on finding that particular client instead of chasing every job that comes by.

For Upwork to improve their standards they would first have to have some. 

tjmisny
Community Member

There is no prize or reward in the race to the bottom. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members