🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Transaction history, Amount/Balance in pendin...
Page options
7e05a913
Community Member

Transaction history, Amount/Balance in pending.

Hi fellow freelancers.

I worked on a job last week on an hourly rate.

Meaning that the client got billed today, to review my hours etc.

Currently the amount, including the service fee and VAT, is showing in my transaction history, along with the date "13th of March" (which is when the money should be available). But, under Amount/Balance, it displays the amount, along with "Pending".

If I take a look in my "Overview" section. It displays that the money is still in "In Review" and "Pending" is $0.00.

My questions are, because the balance displays in my transaction history, even if it is in "pending", does this mean the client was happy with the job, and they paid the amount owed? So this coming Friday, After the review period, the cash will only then display in "Pending", in the overview section? Basically I will 100% receive the money?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If the funds are pending that means the client has paid and it will transfer to you on the date said, which is usually wednesday.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
fccfebe2
Community Member

Hi Christiaan, please refer to this article for all info about payment schedules: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698-Weekly-Billing-Cycle

Thanks Milos, I'm aware of the schedule. I'm talking about the technical aspect of the process.

AndreaG

Hi Christiaan,

That's right! The funds will be in the Review tab until Friday at 23:59 UTC. The client has that time to review the Work Diary and dispute any hours. After that review period, they will move to the Pending tab for the 5-day security period. Feel free to review the help article Milos shares as it explains this in detail!

~Andrea
Upwork
7e05a913
Community Member

Hi Andrea, yes I understand that, thank you.

Please see the following points:

1. Currently in my transaction history, the funds are displayed.
  2. But, the funds are shown as "pending".
  3. Despite the pending status, does this mean the client paid the amount owed from the client for my work?

As you can see in my post, I am aware of how the process work, I'm asking specific questions related to specific topics that are not in Milos's mentioned article.

Sorry I'm not trying to sound brass, I'm just trying to explain my original set of questions.

Thank you for your time.

If the funds are pending that means the client has paid and it will transfer to you on the date said, which is usually wednesday.

Christiaan, because of our security and privacy policy, I can't confirm or deny if your client has paid their invoice at this time. The transaction showing in your Transaction History as pending only means that it is a future/expected transaction. This is different from the Pending tab on the Overview page. 

My intention is not to alarm you, but even if the client paid their invoice today they still have time to review and dispute your hours. So in this case, the best thing to do is wait out the review period. No news is good news. 

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members