🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The client ended the contract by giving a gif...
Page options
4e196e01
Community Member

The client ended the contract by giving a gift of $5 before the work was done.

The client sent me an offer of hourly contract, but the contract ended with a gift of 5 dollars without work,
after I accepted the contract, the client ended the contract with a gift of 5 dollars,
this work was not added to my total job.
Will there be any problem with my profile, that has terminated the hourly contract by gifting..?
Please assisat me anyone.
5 REPLIES 5
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Iftier - I can see that the contract you are referring to is now showing on your Completed Jobs. Also, The client gave you nice feedback. So no need to worry about anything. 

Generally, As long as there is no violation of Upwork's ToS and the client is happy with what you, both, agreed upon, then there will be no problem at all with your profile metrics.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes,

Hi Youssef. I have completed one job, another one is in progress, now my profile shows two total jobs but one is showing. 

the-right-writer
Community Member

"Iftier is a great freelancer to work with, he's quick, efficient, and communication is fantasti. I have worked with iftier for multiple projects, he's skills are very versatile and I plan on working with Iftier long-term."

Is this the review for the job? Is this the same client that hired you for the other job? I don't understand why they would write a specific review, when you did no work.

If this is the job, it looks like you actually worked, and the clients says you did, there is no protection for it. This means if the client disputes, you have no backup from Upwork or anyone. With this job, it's only $5.00 minus Upwork's cut, but you could lose enormous amounts of money.

The client could be building up credentials to appear legitimate, or some other nefarious acts, but it should not affect you, if you followed the Terms of Service. You need to learn how to protect yourself, whether using hourly or fixed price. Use the link to the Academy above to learn how to use the platform safely.

Hi Jeanne H. I did one more job for this client, but I mistakely refunded the full amount without closing the milestone, for which the job was deleted from my profile, later the client came and said I will give you a review, he sent me a Howlerly contract offer and I Didn't do any time truck, he gifted $5 and left with review, now will this work update my total work on my profile, and for me giving hourly Contra $5 without doing any work, is there any problem with my profile will be?
Please Help Me,

So, the initial job you did was for $5.00? I strongly encourage everyone, to charge what you are worth. Yes, it's OK to give a discount, but what kind of work would you do for $5.00?

No, this shouldn't harm you, unless the client gave you poor private feedback. No one knows what the client says in private feedback. However, $5.00 jobs don't help you, either.

You need to go to the top of the page and click on the link to the Academy. Learning how to protect yourself is the first job. Also, you need to learn about how to set up contracts. Take the time to learn before you look at jobs or accept an invitation. Your profile needs work. The first line is all clients see in a search. Don't waste it by using names, skills, or greetings. Learn before you jump into jobs. Be safe.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members