Thanks oDesk: "Proposed Rate is too Low"

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Power Member
339 Posts

Thanks oDesk: "Proposed Rate is too Low"

[ Edited ]
Just wanted to express my gratitude for finally including "Proposed Rate is too Low" in the list of reasons to decline an invitation to interview. Thanks for listening!
Power Member
503 Posts

You're welcome, Robin!

[ Edited ]
You're welcome, Robin!
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
5 Posts

However though, you're not

[ Edited ]
However though, you're not stopping those low rate proposals. Don't care? Don't! You'll see what happens.
3 Posts

Rate is too low not proposed by odesk it is marked by client :)

[ Edited ]
Let me inform you that your client mark your proposal as rate too low, this not by Odesk. So don't be over excited buddy.
Community Guru
1,188 Posts

What are you talking about?

[ Edited ]
This is a reason a contractor can give for declining an invitation. It's great that clients can now see when they are not offering enough money for a job - based on how much the job is worth, not some oDesk rule. I'm pretty sure the OP understands how it works.
Community Guru
234 Posts

Did you even read the thread

[ Edited ]
Did you even read the thread o.O
/// Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it's the courage to continue that counts.
Power Member
339 Posts

OK, Buddy

[ Edited ]
[quote=Naveed U.]So don't be over excited buddy.[/quote] OK, Buddy, I won't be! Thanks. Now, just out of curiosity, what are we talking about? Because this can't possibly be an intelligent reply to my post. A CLIENT declaring that the proposed rate is too low? Hahahaha! OK. :smileyvery-happy:
Power Member
118 Posts

Glad to see this implemented

[ Edited ]
Glad to see this implemented but I was really hoping for an "Are you serious?!?" option as well. Maybe next time...
Power Member
339 Posts

There are a number of

[ Edited ]
There are a number of different ways I express this sentiment, but they usually stay inside my head, or at least inside my home. I may verbalize the aggravation, usually while laughing my head off, but I rarely put what I am really thinking as my reason for turning down the invitation. 'Proposed Rate is too Low' gets the job done well enough. Perhaps it represents a little more respect than the offer actually deserves, but at least the client sees that even oDesk takes this as a valid reason for turning down an offer. When there was nothing on the list that reflected this reason, it was like oDesk was saying that isn't a good enough reason to refuse the invitation. In reality, it is often the best reason for it. It would be fun to see freelancers listing the actual responses they would like to give for this. You know, the ones that stay in our heads or that we yell out loud, but that rarely ever make it onto the "reason to decline invitation" message. They can be so funny sometimes. :smileyhappy:
1 Posts

"Are you serious?!?"

[ Edited ]
True. I have messaged to one client who invited me to do a hourly rate job for 30 cent/hour. I declined the offer instantly with the message ""Are you serious?!?".... :smileytongue: