🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Tax code
Page options
6580c1e6
Community Member

Tax code

Hi everyone! I'm looking for support. There's a company that is asking me for VAT code in order to advance with the payment but they said that I have to pay them certain amount so they can get the VAT code and the system can approve the transaction. Does it sound well? To me it doesn't, but again, I'm looking for support because I'm not sure about it. Thanks yall

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Andres,

A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. In addition, communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service, and a client suggesting this is a typical red flag. You may open yourself up to scams or fraud and lose Upwork Payment Protection.

I checked the job you were referring to and can confirm that it has been taken down for violating the Terms of Service. Whenever you encounter these situations, please report them using the available flagging options so the team can investigate further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Andres,

A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. In addition, communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service, and a client suggesting this is a typical red flag. You may open yourself up to scams or fraud and lose Upwork Payment Protection.

I checked the job you were referring to and can confirm that it has been taken down for violating the Terms of Service. Whenever you encounter these situations, please report them using the available flagging options so the team can investigate further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6580c1e6
Community Member

Thank you, Luiggi. I wasn't awared about it, thanks again

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members