🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Several Q's in one
Page options
560260d5
Community Member

Several Q's in one

1  I'm not actually a freelancer looking for work here. A large company called me with work and asked if I would agree to get paid via Upwork. . I guess they're a CLIENT of Upwork? (They don't post projects

on the site looking for freelancers.)

2. A couple of yrs ago I DID have an account here as a freelancer andthen  decided not to look for work as a freelancer here. I no longer have that password or email.

3. In trying to register on UPwork as this client instructed (and according to the Upwork email I got), I got the message Phone number already exists so I had to use a  cell # I no long use to get through the process so I can get paid when I start with them.

4. I scheduled a call to talk to support and when no one called and I called support, a recording said they don't talk to freelancers at the moment.

Can someone help me? It's been weeks.

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

1. I'm not actually a freelancer looking for work here. A large company called me with work and asked if I would agree to get paid via Upwork. . I guess they're a CLIENT of Upwork? (They don't post projects on the site looking for freelancers.)

Many clients use Upwork to find freelancers and do so without posting public jobs. These clients often have private jobs and invite specific freelancers to apply or hire them directly.

2. A couple of yrs ago I DID have an account here as a freelancer and then decided not to look for work as a freelancer here. I no longer have that password or email.

Only one email can be associated with an Upwork account. If the email you used previously no longer exists, I think your account might be okay, but Upwork can confirm.

3. In trying to register on UPwork as this client instructed (and according to the Upwork email I got), I got the message Phone number already exists so I had to use a cell # I no long use to get through the process so I can get paid when I start with them.

This might be a question for Upwork Support. A good first step is to review this thread in the Support Forum: Phone Number Is Already In Use

4. I scheduled a call to talk to support and when no one called and I called support, a recording said they don't talk to freelancers at the moment.

Unfortunately, live support is rare for freelancers. Check out the link provided in response to #3 and type your message there. A moderator can expedite the process and create a support ticket for you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members