🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam concern
Page options
c9c16293
Community Member

Scam concern

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

  

Hello. I would like to know if you could help me with an issue I had yesterday, I tried solving it in the support chat but only got generic answers such as deleting my cache. Last night I accepted a proposal to do a project that was about recording audio. The client explained to me the instructions and told me that the payment would be via the app. The recording task had to be done in a link he sent me and then I would sent him proof of completion. After I finished it I did as I was told and he told me to wait until the check would process. I waited all day to see if the payment would appear on pending but nothing is there, and then the messages with the client dissapeared. I'll send proof of the proposal. I would like your help with this because the client had almost 5 stars and verified payment and i'm encountering this situation 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maybe it is a misunderstanding, but what "check" do you mean? There are no checks anywhere in Upwork. If everything disappeared, it had to be in the messages. Contracts do not disappear. Can you elaborate so we can understand your situation?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
90428cb2
Community Member

When I completed a voice recording task, I waited for the checking process for 2 weeks. I got the payment after 2 weeks. But it's really weird that your messages disappeared.

The job was deleted so I was definitely scammed, but thanks for replying

williamtcooper
Community Member

Never take payments outside of Upwork or you risk losing your account and never mind the client usually will not pay.

I never said that they were going to pay me outside of the platform.

Maybe it is a misunderstanding, but what "check" do you mean? There are no checks anywhere in Upwork. If everything disappeared, it had to be in the messages. Contracts do not disappear. Can you elaborate so we can understand your situation?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members