🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Removing posted comments
Page options
the-right-writer
Community Member

Removing posted comments

Upwork has increased its habit of removing posts that are not cheering everything Upwork does.

The way they are showing the people who receive the most upvotes is no different from games showing the high scorers. When the moderators ask for input and feedback, then they delete two or more posts because they didn't like them? And if the numbers matter, why then does Upwork delete my posts, when I am consistently one of the most upvoted? Obviously people agree with my comments, or find them valuable.

If Upwork is going to delete posts they don't like, then you need to say so. Just be honest, so we know the real rules. A simple, "We reserve the right to remove any comment that does not cheer Upwork's every action." I have no problem with that - at least it's honest. The thread doesn't even say comments were removed, because there is a script for the thread, and the comments were not following Upwork's script. If it is supposed to be only salivating approval, say so.

This forum has lost all credibility. How many more posts are just quietly removed? Will there be a ban notice barring me from posting here because I dare to be honest, and point out the serious problems with the upvote gamification? Upwork moderators are well aware that I hold freelancers responsible for their side, too. In this case, it is all on Upwork for quietly removing posts and pretending they were never there.

Make the new rule that posts must be in favor of Upwork or stop removing posts that do not violate community guidelines.

Edited: An Upwork moderator restored the posts. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
the-right-writer
Community Member

A moderator contacted me privately and is looking into the matter. I will post the progress and result.

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Folks,

Due to an error, some comments were automatically marked as Spam and hidden from view. Apologies for the inconvenience! The comment was restored and we addressed the core concern. Please note that we only remove posts or comments if they violate the Community Guidelines.

Cheers,
Mike

Thank you for taking our concerns seriously, and acting on the matter quickly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members