🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment is under Miscellaneous
Page options
f63617d3
Community Member

Payment is under Miscellaneous

Hello,

One of my clients hired me for a project worth $400 USD. He created three milestones: $50, $150, and $200. Since we have worked together before, so I completed the job and submitted it under the first milestone of $50 USD. He approved the complete job amount of $400 under the first milestone. However, the issue is that the complete job payment of $400 USD is not showing in the payment section. It only shows $50 USD as pending with a withdrawal date, and the remaining balance of $350 USD is listed as Miscellaneous without a date.

Could someone please investigate this and confirm whether the client has paid my complete payment correctly? Or should I contact my client and bring this matter to their attention?

5 REPLIES 5
AndreaG

Hi Mohamed,

This difference comes from the funds that were already in Escrow vs. the funds that are being charged to your client's account right now. Since your client needs to manually pay their balance there isn't a date provided but as soon as your client's payment goes through you should receive the funds after the 5-day security period as usual. 

~Andrea
Upwork
f63617d3
Community Member

Could you please clarify whether I will receive the Miscellaneous payment automatically, or should I inform the client to check if their payment approval was done correctly?

f63617d3
Community Member

Could you please clarify whether I will receive the Miscellaneous payment automatically, or should I inform the client to check if their payment approval was done correctly?

dataextract
Community Member

You have raised the same question in 2022 too and got the reply in this thread

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Miscellaneous-Payment/m-p/999668

Mr. Ramesh Kumar K,

Could you please review the screenshot and provide me with an answer? The first milestone was $50, and I submitted all the work at once. The client paid the complete amount for the first milestone. As shown in the screenshot on my profile, will I get paid or not? Your prompt response would be appreciated.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members