🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting views on my profile
Page options
zainmanna
Community Member

Not getting views on my profile

Hello 

I noticed a significant drop in my profile views. Some days the views are zero and I am wondering what could be the reason? I used to get some invites eariler. I mean the number of invites for a beginner (6 months on upwork) was good regardless of the tasks. Is there anything wrong with my profile? Or what? If someone could help me or give me an advice ... 

www.upwork.com/freelancers/zainmanna

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
celgins
Community Member

Hello Zain.

I don't think your profile summary has enough information to convince clients to hire you. However, I don't think that's the reason for the decrease in profile views.

Many freelancers are seeing fewer profile views these days. Competition is always a factor and Upwork's search algorithms don't show freelancer profiles in the same place in search results all the time.

Some people believe that new freelancer profiles are shown prominently in search results during their first few months on the platform. I've never heard Upwork confirm this and they probably never will. But there are several threads in the Community Forums where new freelancers claim to get plenty of profile views and invites during their first few weeks/months on the platform. Then, after a few months, their new profiles "settle in" and are treated like any other profile. Meaning, the new freelancer's profile may no longer be positioned high in search results or a clients' Invite Freelancers list.

Freelancers also believe profiles can be penalized. Again, Upwork does not confirm this, so there is no way to know. For example, a shrinking JSS, an incomplete profile, a profile with misspelled words and grammatical errors, a profile where the title/summary/skills lack harmony, and profiles belonging to less popular skill areas/niches. All of these could trigger a drop in search results. I'm confident that incomplete profiles, and those lacking harmony will eventually get pushed down in search results, but I'm less confident about the others.

Unfortunately, what you're seeing may be a sign of the times. When a profile is positioned deep in search results--for whatever reason--it usually means fewer clients are seeing it--leading to fewer invites.

thanks for the clarifications 

lama-pema
Community Member

That's what happening with everyone including Expert-vetted freelancers. You could see this post https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Less-jobs-on-upwork-in-2024/m-p/1551845#M833107

This sucks!! 

I am having the same problem. Used to get invites and views but now i hardly get a new project to work on after spending more than 150 connects on different projects wisely. Still only getting viewed a couple of times for proposals i sent and get interviewed one or two times. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members