🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting a job
Page options
ankur4736
Community Member

Not getting a job

I have submitted 100 personalized proposals in past 30 days. On average I spent 1000 connects in total. My profile is updated with good portfolio. I am really delivering the best work. My JSS is 95% and I have no bad review on my profile. I only got one job which is also on pause. I checked other people profiles who are delivering less quality than me but they have 8-10 jobs in progress.  I am very frustrated. Can someone review my profile and tell me why is this happening with me? Not getting invitations for jobs either.

3 REPLIES 3
spectralua
Community Member

It isn't your fault. Clients gone.

Your profile is good: it is filled, with good feedbacks, shown your skills.

Yeah, I think so. Upwork is increasing number of connects required to send proposal. I see some people boost proposals with 250 connects. Things are getting crazy here.

krishujoshi4077
Community Member

I understand how discouraging it can be not to see the results you expect, especially after putting such effort into crafting personalized proposals and maintaining a high Job Success Score. While I'm unable to personally review your Upwork profile, I can suggest a few areas you might revisit and questions you could ask yourself to potentially identify areas for improvement:

1. Profile Strength: Is your profile truly complete? Have you listed all relevant skills, included a professional photo, and written a captivating professional overview that showcases your unique selling points?

2. Portfolio: Does your portfolio effectively showcase your past work and its impact? Could you perhaps add more diversity or recent projects to demonstrate your current skill level?

3. Proposal Quality: Are your proposals truly personalized? Do they address the client's needs concisely, propose clear solutions, and build a connection with the client? Standing out in the proposal is key.

4. Rates: Are your rates competitive while still reflecting your experience and quality of work? Sometimes, rates can be either too high or too low, leading clients to question the value or quality.

5. Niche Saturation: Is your field oversaturated with freelancers? It might be harder to get jobs if there's more competition. You may want to find a unique niche you excel in or consider expanding your services.

6. Timing: Are you applying quickly to new job postings, or is there a delay? Often, those who apply early have a better chance of being noticed.

7. Active Jobs: You mentioned others have 8-10 jobs in progress. Are you open to handling multiple projects at once? Clients sometimes prefer freelancers who can showcase the ability to manage a varied workload effectively.

8. Response Time: How quickly do you respond to client messages? A prompt response can signify good communication skills and professionalism.

9. Skill Development: Are you continually upgrading your skills and staying up-to-date with industry trends?

Since you're experiencing less engagement than expected, this might be a good time to ask for a peer review from fellow freelancers. Connecting with others in Upwork's Community Forums could provide you with constructive feedback. Often, someone else might spot areas for improvement that you’ve overlooked.

If you're looking for more direct feedback, Upwork does offer a service where they can provide profile reviews. This might incur a fee, but it could provide you with personalized insights on how to improve your profile.

Additionally, consider reaching out to past clients for repeat work or referrals if you had a good working relationship with them.

In the face of such challenges, persistence is key, but it's also important to continuously adapt and refine your strategy.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members