🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Landing my First Job
Page options
e5302582
Community Member

Landing my First Job

Hello there,

I have seen several topics and have read through replies and advises on what to do and  what not do and the patience in landing your first gig on Upwork.

It can be really frustrating waiting especially when you think you ain't doing something right. Like you need someone to go through your profile and tell you that you are on track.

The uncertainty on this platform and the curiosity that only those who have done jobs are considered first for the proposal you submitted is damning.

I really wish there is a template other than the regular replies and the "Be patient" responses.

2 REPLIES 2
grimesr
Community Member

What are  you expecting?

If you have read many of the same questions, you will notice the number of profile reviews that tell you what can be done better. Yours is just another example of how it can be improved. Making those changes aren't going to get you a job, but it is on of the things YOU actually have control over.

I don't mean to be super critical, but I am guessing English is not your first language. If you want to compete in the English world, I suggest some work on phraseology and definitely fix the "ain't" in

wrote:

It can be really frustrating waiting especially when you think you ain't doing something right. Like you need 

Freelancing is very competitive, you have to be as good or better than anyone else in your field.

Good luck, be patient but work your hardest on the things you have control over.

e5302582
Community Member

Thanks Robert,

The inclusion of the term "ain't" should not be interpreted as indicative of English not being my primary language. Thank you for the feedback, and I am committed to ongoing improvement in my communication skills.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members