🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Success Score droppped
Page options
9bf545e3
Community Member

Job Success Score droppped

Hello,

I believe there's been a mistake made in the calculation of my job success score. It was previously at 78% and I just successfully completed two jobs were I was given good feedbacks and a five star rating. Yet, after my account was updated on the 29th, it dropped to 74%. I've been working hard to get my JSS back to 80% and I believe there's been a mistake. What do I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Rita,

Thank you for your message. Your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old.

Your JSS can change because:

• You’ve received poor public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • You’ve received very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • A higher-value job is added to your JSS and it outweighs lower-value jobs
  • Past jobs are no longer considered because they fall outside the time frame

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

486 REPLIES 486
LuiggiR

Hi Rita,

Thank you for your message. Your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old.

• You’ve received very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients

~ Luiggi
Upwork
26864b7c
Community Member

Hello, I think I meet all the criteria for being Top rated, but I have not received this badge yet. Is there something I'm missing that I just wanted to ask? I would be happy if you give me feedback.

Hi Beste,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you are close to meeting all requirements for Top Rated status. I would like to remind you that your 12-month earnings must be at least $1,000 to qualify for Top Rated. 12-month earnings reflects your earnings before Upwork fees, including bonuses and refunds. It does not include transactions that are “pending” or “in review”. It includes transactions from agency contracts. It is updated every hour. 

You can monitor your progress and help manage your success by using your My Stats page to track your Job Success Score, 12-month earnings, and more. 

Additionally, you can check this page for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

hi,friend kindly help me on how i can get jobs in my account .

Hire a Upwork Lead generation expert like me

• Certainly! Here are some steps you can take to increase your chances of getting jobs on your account:

1. **Complete your profile**: Ensure that your profile is complete, including a professional photo, a detailed description of your skills and experience, and any relevant certifications or qualifications.

2. **Highlight your skills**: Emphasize your strengths and expertise in your profile summary and skill section. Make sure to list skills that are in demand within your industry or field.

3. **Portfolio**: Showcase your previous work through a portfolio or examples of your work. This gives potential clients a clear idea of what you can deliver.

4. **Search and apply for jobs**: Actively search for jobs that match your skills and expertise, and apply to those that you are qualified for. Customize your proposals for each job to demonstrate your understanding of the client's needs and how you can fulfill them.

5. **Network**: Connect with other professionals in your industry or field, both on the platform and through other networking channels. Building relationships can lead to job opportunities through referrals or collaborations.

6. **Maintain a high job success score**: Provide high-quality work, communicate effectively with clients, and strive to receive positive feedback and ratings. A high job success score increases your visibility and credibility to potential clients.

7. **Be proactive**: Don't wait for jobs to come to you; actively promote your services and reach out to potential clients or companies that may need your expertise.

By following these steps and being proactive in your job search efforts, you can increase your chances of getting jobs on your account. Good luck!

Here's my tip - don't follow chatbots advice.

cc505de6
Community Member

This is Mark. I am new to upwork. I received a small project and successfully delivered it. But I told the client I didn't want to take any money from him. After only 3 jobs may JSS is now at 71. I have a feeling this one client is a bad actor. I'm on the midst - finally - of having a fairly large number of interviews. 1) I assume over time the one negative will get outweighed by more positive ones? 2) if a client is trying to use a bad private dating to 'force' you to do something how can this be handled? It's simply not fair and it seems any recourse is impossible.  

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the client; those are two very fair questions to ask, and I'm glad you've posted them here. 

A job with higher earnings will always impact your Job Success Score more than a smaller job. For example, feedback on a $1,000 job carries more weight on your JSS compared to a $20 job. In addition, we calculate JSS every two weeks based on your 3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculate a score for each timeframe. In other words, feedback outside your 24-month history doesn't impact your JSS calculation. More information can be found in this article

To your second question, what you're describing is against the Terms of Service, and any time you encounter this, you should report it so that the team can review it and take action accordingly. Please visit this page for more information on how you can report this and other suspicious behavior. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
monicaod
Community Member

Hi LuiggR,

I also have an unexplained reduction in my JSS (from 100 to 96). For context, I've only ever gotten 5-star reviews and one where NO FEEDBACK WAS GIVEN (which, to my knowledge doesn't affect doesn't affect JSS). The rest of my jobs are still in progress, so no feedback has been given there either.

So please why is has my JSS reduced because i do not understand it. 

I want to know too

Hi Luiggi, 

I have some problems with the feedback system, I had %100 Job Success Score, until very recently. A previous client I worked almost 2 years ago just ended their contracts, I've delivered everything as expected, he even asked me to work on upcoming projects, but due to his rude behaviour, (asking me if I had a boyfriend etc.) I said I'll finish this project up and won't contiune working freelance for awhile, now after two years he gets to effect my success score, I think is really unfortunate. How can Upwork help me with this issue?

Best,

Ecem

Hi Ecem,

Please keep in mind that your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

If you had a Top Rated badge before your JSS changed, you can ask for feedback removal as long as you meet the criteria listed here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Our job success score relies on the private feedback of clients that potentially have no idea how to scope work and quit the contract because they didn't have what they needed for it to be done? If it is the client I think it is, that took my 100%, they didn't have the data they were asking results for, had no discussion, and just closed out the contract. Like I disappointed them. They didn't give me some of this until well into the project. My assumption is that they looked bad to their boss for not getting it done, and spending more useless money. I took a lower rate to make them happy and worked tirelessly for them. In the end they didn't have what they needed. Terrible way to grade our 'success score'. Its equivalent to me giving a mechanics a completely totaled car and google reviewing him negatively because he couldn't fix it all for $100. I made no promises and did what they asked. I'll gladly dispute the private review. Why do people leave a private one? Because it's BS. How do I dispute it. I am disgruntled with this aspect of the platform. I'm gonna grade them so hard on a review. The lady has no idea of the intricacies, and therefore should have no ability to judge me as a worker. Never missed a meeting or deadline. I wanna know what she said. She was in Cabo half the time.

lizaroy
Community Member

I have been working on the Upwork platform for 14 years, starting back when it was known as Odesk. Throughout this period, my profile has consistently maintained a 100% score with Top Rated status. I specialize in taking on and successfully completing long-term projects, and currently, I am committed to a full-time ongoing job that has spanned six years.

Recently, I've noticed a significant drop in my Job Success Score (JSS) from 100% to 42%, and I'm struggling to comprehend Upwork's new policy. Despite the ongoing long-term project, commission deductions continue, but these do not seem to contribute to my profile as Long-Term Project Points.

Given my existing commitment of 30 hours per week, taking on additional jobs is not feasible. I'm concerned about the potential impact on my profile score when the current long-term project concludes. How can I enhance my chances of getting new jobs with a decreased JSS profile score?

efecd16d
Community Member

hello can i apply as freelancer sir

ffe59b47
Community Member

How can i increase my jss from 35%

c7668580
Community Member

Hi Luiggi
I think my job success score was miscalculated.
Recently I got 2 jobs but those two are cancelled.
The first client suddenly ended contract as he didn't want the project to be done.

And the reason of second contract is I was not able to work on the second milestone. I completed first milestone and client released it. Then I was not able to work on second milestone as I was in operation with my legs.
When I returned on upwork, client ended contract as I was not responsive. But client gave me a good feedback and good rating.
But my job success score is very low. I think the reason of first contract end is not my fault or my responsiblity and the second one is my fault but client gave me a good feedback. I think these two contracts won't affect my job success score.
Kindly let me know what you think.

d1c51d05
Community Member

I have facing issue with my jss, my jss was 100% 3 days ago and suddenly drop to 60% ,it is so painful for me,1 mont ago i completed 1 job, client gave me extra bonus ,he didn't close contract, i think he will add another milestone but he didn't and now my jss drop, i end contract,and recently applied on a job and i mention i have 100% jss in my proposal, if he view my proposal he will ignore and can report to me on upwork, i contact with upwork support but they didn't give reasonable answer.i need really help.

Hi LuiggiR, 

As of yesterday, I had a JSS score of 100% and my last client cancelled our contract early as they weren't happy with the way a character design was going. My score is now 76%. Even though I've had 10+ jobs since July '23, most of my contracts are ongoing... so I have maybe a handful of actual 5-star ratings since then. My question is – how much does an early cancellation affect my score vs. how the client rates my work? Is it possible that they gave me an OK rating but the cancellation brought the score down super low? Just trying to figure out how much these things weigh on any one score. Pleaes let me know -thanks. 

af623ef4
Community Member

I have successfully completed my last job and recieved a 5 star rating but it's been several days still it is not been shown on my profile which hinders my chances on landing next project and also it has hampered my JSS and my top rated badge has also been removed. Please help me with this.

Hi Rohan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can see that all three contracts that ended last November 2 are already showing on your profile. 

Please keep in mind that your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

If you had Top Rated badge before your JSS changed, you can ask for feedback removal as long as you meet the criteria listed here.

~ AJ
Upwork

This is a screenshot of my work history showing on my profile where the last 5 star rated work is not visible.

Hi Rohan,

Please check each individual contract. I see that you have provided feedback for the client but they did not leave feedback for you that's why you're seeing "No feedback given."

~ AJ
Upwork

The last job that I had completed successfully and got 5 stars but that is not reflected in my work history section on my upwork profile. It's been weeks since this is happening. Previously I had also completed jobs and got 5 stars and but no feedback but that is reflected on my profile but the last job that I did is not reflected.

Hi Rohan,

Please refer to my previous response. I checked on all three contracts and the clients did not provide feedback that's why they aren't showing. Please go to each individual contract and then click on details. Only you have provided feedback for the clients but they haven't.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, I have a same issue on my upwork profile.
I finished a new contract on Monday and received a feedback from the client too. But it has not been updated on my profile still now. Could you please check my issue? Thanks

Please I really need help 

my job success score dropped from 100 to 78 without any project completion but now it 2 weeks since I completed another project and got 5star review but there is no change in job success score 

please there is a problem 

You've received bad public or private feedback from one or more customers

You have received very positive public or private comments from one or more customers

A higher value function is added to your JSS and overrides lower value functions

Previous posts are no longer taken into account because they fall outside the time frame

Maged
ajayesh95
Community Member

Hello Community,

I hope all members are good. & I wish you all become great freelancers on Upwork.

I am facing some issues with my profile this year. Such unnecessary JSS dropped and did not improve when I did highly-paid jobs. I understand how to work on upwork. I am a full-time freelancer or bidder and I have 4 to 5 profiles on my team members that I have managed. But I face issues with this profile. I calculate everything and note it down into my personal dairy. I read all of the articles blogs everything that I could do. I tried. But still, I am right now frustrated with the system of JSS. I didn't understand how it worked. This year I haven't received any bad feedback on my profile. Even I received clients on LinkedIn and requested to give me a chance to work on projects. And I have done two projects one of$1,881.66 and another one $1,053.36both clients are my good friends and when the projects are completed they give me 5 stars. But why did my JSS drop and not increase due to the last months? Even I have done another Job today and this client also gave me 5 stars rating. But this job feedback is not showing on my profile dashboard. Such a very frustrating year for my profile. When I create a ticket to know why this thing to happens me and why my JSS is not improved. Upwork sends a copy-paste message that one is 

Success Scores are calculated every two weeks:

• Your average JSS during the past 24 months
  • Your average JSS during the past 12 months
  • Your average JSS during the past 6 months
  • And your “Trending JSS,” which we calculate by adding your average JSS for the past 6 months with your average JSS for the past 3 months, then divide in half.

I just know when I calculated everything and tracked everything this year and I didn't receive bad feedback or private feedback then how is it possible to drop my JSS or why did Upwork not confirm for me where I made mistakes? I challenge Upwork I didn't do anything wrong this year I track each and everything. If I am wrong then prove me. And If you accept your mistake related to my JSS. Accept that and please update it. I faced many difficulties this year in getting clients. Please recheck my profile and refresh that If my profile getting flagged on your end please remove that one and help me to motivate and continue to work on upwork. I have attached my profile screenshots. please take a look.. And please don't send copy-paste replies such as I mentioned in this message. 

Thanks!!

Hi Ajayesh,

I see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding this, and the team shared more information with you regarding your JSS. Kindly refer to your ticket, and don't hesitate to follow up with the team if you have questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

That means Upwork has no proper answer to my questions.. The same messages and replies are sent to me again and again. It's all about partiality with me.. I work hard and stay to continue my work.. I never quit the game here.. 

39772a15
Community Member

Yes, it is sir

folajoseph
Community Member

Hello,

My job success score dropped from 100% to 88% and my top rated plus badge disappeared without me completing a new project This must be a mistake.

Kindly look into this because this is the third time it’s happened. It was fixed after I reported the previous incidents. 

Thank You

Hi Folajimi,

I'm sorry to learn about the unexpected drop in your score. Please know that the Upwork system takes snapshots of your 3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is your JSS. 

That said, your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

~ Arjay
Upwork
crart
Community Member

Arjay M wrote:

That said, your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity.

This alone should be reevaluated. We are not UW employees and we are not bound by any rules to work every day, every week, every month so punishing freelancers for lack of work (that partially UW is responsible for, after many changes in the last months that effectively turned the platform into gambling site for bots), JSS should be based on COMPLETED CONTRACTS, not time frame because it may happen that the freelancer takes longer contract that is demanding and during that time doesn't work on other contracts. Is UW even considering using LOGIC in their quest to achieve any earnings? Because you know, if you applied fair rules and logical solutions to problems you sometimes create out of thin air, there would be much more benefits also for your shareholders.

Hey how was it fixed last time it happened to you? A similar thing has just happened to me 😕

Yeah I faced same issue but didn't understand why my JSS droped.. even I did jobs with 5 star ratings..

82dc04a2
Community Member

I was accepted to a job last September, but it only lasted around 3 days due to some standards problems on the work, however, I just have been onboarded, and I am still learning to grasp the workflow of the job, then suddenly they closed my contract leaving a bad rating. It greatly affected my JSS. Since then, I noticed a huge decrease in job invites and most of my job applications go unnoticed because of the low JSS. I have been paying for freelance plus but the Connectss are useless because of the low JSS. Is there a possibility to remove or contest a rating?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members