🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I suggest a "Client success score"
Page options
a8d1dc31
Community Member

I suggest a "Client success score"

Hello fellow UpWorkers,

after browsing several posts here in the forum (and own experiences) I think it might be a good idea to think about a "Client success score". Why?

As most of you fellow freelancers, I also did several profile overhaulings (with all sections completed), created a specialized profile, invested in boosting the profile and several proposals. Since december I've sent 30 proposals, and only a few were even viewed by the client. Shouldn't we have a measurement for clients that they have to respond to proposals in timely-fashioned manner (i.e. 48 hours)? From my point of view, it should be possible for every "real" client offering "real" work to respond - even if the response is negative.

I don't think that such an CSS should have an influence on the client's ability to invite talents or post jobs. But for us, it would be helpful to get an idea of the of the "seriousness" of a client. It could be just displayed on the client info tab - in the same way as the information on verified phone numbers or payments.

Remember, a timely-fashioned answer to interview requests from us, the freelancers, is honored - or has a negative influence on our job success score. 

What do you think?

Best regards,

Henning

3 REPLIES 3
crart
Community Member

Clients should be required to create legit profile like freelancers do, something I was talking about for years. Vetting both clients and freelancers, removing connects, going back to the roots of fair business relationships, all of that would result in much better health of the platform. But health of the platform is not UW's goal, their goal is infinite money no matter the means.

16ff7bea
Community Member

Totally agree, and was thinking exactly this just today. There are lots of community standards and metrics in place for Talents, all geared towards ensuring a quality experience for Clients, but almost nothing worthwhile in place for Clients. All of the ever-increasing upfront cost is on the Talent, while having no real indication of whether or not the Client is even worth spending your hard-earned connects on. There should at least be some sort of metric or badge in place that shows the likelihood of  Clients opening your proposal that can be seen beforehand, as well as other metrics related to their hiring behaviors - such as their likelihood to hire Talents of any gender or nationality. Another good badge/metric would be their likelihood of hiring Talents with little or no experience on Upwork. 

7966b5e7
Community Member

Totally agreed

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members