🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I can't save my employment history
Page options
kart_96
Community Member

I can't save my employment history

Hello, 

Could someone help me out? I can't save my employment history. When I add an employment section, the save button is disabled for some reason. What could it be? Attached screenshot below. I did try filling all the sections as well. 

Regards,
Karthik 

42 REPLIES 42
LuiggiR

Hi Karthik,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Can you try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser and see if the problem persists?

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am also having this problem. Why is the button disabled?

Hi Dianey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you but I can't seem to replicate the issue. Can you please try clearing your cache, cookies, and browsing history, and try again? Please let us know if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork

facing the same issue could not save my employment 

Hi Mahtab,

I see that you've already added an item to your employment history. Can you please share more information about the error you're seeing when you try it? If you can share a screengrab of what you see on your end, that would be helpful. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am having the same issue, I already cleared my cache, cookies, and browsing history, and try again. Nothing changed.

Hi Shenna Mae,

I checked and it seems like you've already saved your employment history. If you still need assistance, please let us know. We are here to help. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b45ce1dd
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I am new to Upwork and I've been struggling adding my employment history for the same reason. As you can see from the attached, I have filled out all the information but the "Save" button is greyed out (disabled). As others did, I cleared my browser history and cooking and have tried multiple browsers. Since this is a recurring issue, I suspect that the issue is not on the user's (my) end but Upwork's end. It is not clear what users that did resolve this issue did to resolve it. Without the ability to add my Employement history I doubt I will be able to get and work through this platform. 

I you want, I can show you the issue via a zoom call. 

Please assist me in resolving this issue.

Regards,

Keith

Hi Keith,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance in adding your work history.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ellyjenivieve
Community Member

This same issue is happening to me and I have cleared my cache and cookie and logged in through a different browser.

Hi Jenivieve,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
gee0928
Community Member

Same issue. Tried to remove some of my previous employment histories and yet the save button is still disabled.

Hi Grace,

Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser? If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can look into this right away. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
294805a2
Community Member

I'm having this issue as well! Unable to save my employment history or add actual employers name.

Hi Octavia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? If the issue persists please share a screenshot from your end so that we can check and assist you accordingly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
285a1e44
Community Member

I'm also having the same problem as mentioned above. Cleared my cookies + cache as reccomended and using a differen't browser but still have the same problem. Can someone help me?

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already added your employment history on your Upwork profile. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
aristadeluna
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Please help. I have tried different browsers and laptops. I have cleared cookies, history, and cache. I still can't save my update on my employment history, 

Hi Arista,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
carmela_neuliv51
Community Member

Hi, 

I am having the same issue. I am unable to add my employment history. Save button is grade out or disable. Please someone help me. Thank you 

Hi Carmela,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I was able to add my employment history. However, why is it still requiring me to add it on my profile completion, which I already did? It seems that the percentage is not accurate. I am so confused. I need help with this one. 

Hi Carmela,

What you are seeing are suggestions of what you can add to increase your profile completion percentage. So even if you've added an Employment HIstory item, you'll still be given the option to add more (up to 20%). If you already have enough Employment History items, you may choose any of the other alternatives to increase your profile completion percentage. Check out this page to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kvaspavel
Community Member

Have the same issue. No way to add new job. The save button is deactivated. Tried clearing cache and different browsers. Please, help

Hi Pavlo,

I don't see any limitation on your account that would prevent you from doing this. Would you mind sharing a screengrab just as you see it on your end when you try adding an employment history item? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ddedc0e4
Community Member

I'm also having this problem. I've uploaded experience in the past on mobile. Now, trying to save my experience on PC and the button is greyed out. I cleared my cache and cookies. Will be trying another browser, but wanted to put this out there if problems persist.

jack_monroe_
Community Member

I'm having the same problem with my employment history. The "Save" button is grey and I can't save it. I already tried using other browsers and clearing cookies and cache but it still doesn't work. Can you help me with this?

Hi Lazar,

I'm sorry you're having trouble saving your Employment History. I don't see any limitations on your account preventing you from doing this. Can you please share a screengrab of what you see when you try adding an item to your history?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0379b6ce
Community Member

Hi, please click on your profile photo at the upper left corner
gentlestan10
Community Member

lease, I'm having the same problem with my employment history. The "Save" button is grey(inactive) and I can't save it. I already tried using other browsers and clearing cookies and cache but it still doesn't work. Can you help me with this?

Hi Ohazulike,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c451a4ef
Community Member

Hello I'm having the same issue, please check attach picture

c451a4ef_1-1707449144890.png

c451a4ef
Community Member

Oh I already resolve the issue thank you

azzaarsyida
Community Member

me too i've tried clearing my cache and trying another browser but stil does not work

azzaarsyida_0-1708150440383.png

Hi Azza,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. I tried and can't seem to replicate the issue you're describing. I could see the clickable "Save" button after completing the form. Could you please ensure that these required fields have been filled out appropriately? 

Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of the entire page from your end; we'll gladly look closer into that for you. We're looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
51226ea7
Community Member

I have teh same issue I am surpised that This thread is going on from 2022, And still this issue is nor reproduced. I am new in upwork and while Ading the emplymnet hostory from home page where it shown 40% profile comeplete, I can not do it . Additinally I tried in incognito mode as well, but no luck. 

51226ea7_0-1711904315202.png

Hi Vivek,

I checked your account and saw that it is already 100% complete. Please let us know if you need further assistance. We are here to help. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f5da56f6
Community Member

Hello, I cannot save my employment information either. Cam someone please help me?

I tried clearing the caches and history, etc.. and still disabled. Only the cancel button is green the save button is grey. Thanks in advance.

Hi Penelope,

I looked closely at your profile and confirmed that you've successfully added an employment history. Please confirm if you still need assistance adding employment history to your profile. If so, kindly include a screenshot of what you can see from your end; we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members