🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hi, I got a 'top rated' this month. but stil...
Page options
34941b44
Community Member

Hi, I got a 'top rated' this month. but still green light!

Hi, I got a 'top rated' this month.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've been on Upwork for about 6 months now. I've been slowly and steadily working my way up the ranks, studying, and asking questions to the Upwork helpdesk, so I decided to write this post to congratulate myself and share my thoughts.

First, let me say that staying consistent and diligent has been the hardest part. There were times when I didn't even come in for a month or so, but as I went through the steps, I realized something interesting about this platform, and that is...

I think it was a time of self-discovery for me, because it gave me a chance to think about what I'm good at, what skills and abilities I have. It was hard, and still is hard, to organize and create that profile.... I think the process of breaking down my skills and listing them in detail was essential.

Also, Upwork has a really great helpdesk, which has helped me a lot. They've been very helpful in answering even the smallest
I think the freelancer feedback is great, which other platforms don't have. Did I say too many nice things, I'm not an employee of Upwork.

Lastly, when you've been working around the clock for a while, sometimes you'll see a green light next to your profile picture, and it's comforting to see that other people are working at the same time. It's humbling to meet so many different freelancers, and I feel like I've spent my time building my own skills.

I'm a filmmaker who wants to make movies. My goal is to make a movie in collaboration with various people here. I hope the green light stays on my profile for a long time to come... (You could pay me to keep it on, but I don't want to 🙂 )

Peter

2 REPLIES 2
williamtcooper
Community Member

Congrats on becoming Top Rated!

34941b44
Community Member

Thank you william 🙂 I'll give you the opportunity to try different things, and I think writing and replying here is part of making friends. Your words of encouragement are making a difference to someone.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members