🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer plus or connects purchase
Page options
arslanayoub
Community Member

Freelancer plus or connects purchase

Should I go for Freelancer Plus, which includes purchases, or just purchase connects separately? The costs are the same, with Freelancer Plus offering 80 connects per month, while standalone connects purchase provides 100 connects at the same price of 15.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

> Kick-start every month with 80 Connects. - It's cheaper to buy connects separately.
> Keep your profile active, even when you take a break. - If your profile gets set to inactive, it's easy to ask Upwork to reset it, without needing the Plus plan.
> Stand out with a customized profile URL.- This might be an advantage if you like bringing outside clients to Upwork and you don't have your own website or a Linked In profile; otherwise, not.
> See what other freelancers are bidding.- You can only see a range of bids, and it's not helpful at all - somebody always bids high, somebody always bids low. You'd get better insights by checking out the profiles of other freelancers in your category. 
> Keep your earnings private. - This is a disadvantage, not an advantage. Freelancers who do this look like they've got something to hide (usually because their rates are all over the place); it also will exclude you from some search results.

In short, there aren't any perks.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
d9b70cd1
Community Member

Perks with Freelancer Plus.
> Kick-start every month with 80 Connects.
> Keep your profile active, even when you take a break.
> Stand out with a customized profile URL.
> See what other freelancers are bidding.
> Keep your earnings private.

I would suggest Purchasing Connects separately. Purchasing connects without a membership plan will also generate the same amount of business.

> Kick-start every month with 80 Connects. - It's cheaper to buy connects separately.
> Keep your profile active, even when you take a break. - If your profile gets set to inactive, it's easy to ask Upwork to reset it, without needing the Plus plan.
> Stand out with a customized profile URL.- This might be an advantage if you like bringing outside clients to Upwork and you don't have your own website or a Linked In profile; otherwise, not.
> See what other freelancers are bidding.- You can only see a range of bids, and it's not helpful at all - somebody always bids high, somebody always bids low. You'd get better insights by checking out the profiles of other freelancers in your category. 
> Keep your earnings private. - This is a disadvantage, not an advantage. Freelancers who do this look like they've got something to hide (usually because their rates are all over the place); it also will exclude you from some search results.

In short, there aren't any perks.

A payment of $20 has been deducted for freelance plus monthly subsription but i have not recieved the connects since 3 to 4 days

Hi Sardar,

I checked and it looks like your membership renewed on March 13th. If you check your Connects History, you'll see your Connects added on that date.

~Andrea
Upwork
6025c824
Community Member

Monthly connects are 100 in freelance plus membership, payment deducted is $20 but only 10 connects have been added. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Arslan A wrote:

Should I go for Freelancer Plus, which includes purchases, or just purchase connects separately? The costs are the same, with Freelancer Plus offering 80 connects per month, while standalone connects purchase provides 100 connects at the same price of 15.

The costs aren't the same - 100 connects for $15 is better than 80 connects for $14.99, don't you think? So you're better off purchasing connects separately.

spectralua
Community Member

Many connects needed. I applien for FL plus then buying connects when needed. 80 bundled connects is nothing with current prices so neet to buy more in any case.

With FLplus i can see average price and see when upwork cheating and hidding my proposal from client. I found that in 75% times upwork is cheating. My proposal availabe for client after 10-20 min after sent.

arslanayoub
Community Member

Thanks Everyone.
I decided to purchase connects.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members