🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer *edited* copying my Feedbacks and ...
Page options
imzzy
Community Member

Freelancer *edited* copying my Feedbacks and profile description this time copied my name too

i have reported him multiple times to the up work support but to no use

he has been copying my feedback multiple times

and this time he forgot to edit my name out in his feedback will i get some help here?

it took years to build reputation on upwork and now he is just copying everything obviously he cant copy work

this is profile

**edited for Community Guidelines**

check his recent feedback

he has many feedback of mine and this time he forgot to change name .

Can some one help me here

61 REPLIES 61
imzzy
Community Member

here is the screen shot of his latest feedback where he forgot to remove my name

imzzy
Community Member

here is another one where he copied word to word

this is my feedback which i got on feb 9th 2021 to 17th feb 2021

and here is him copying my feedback on july 6th 2021 to july 8 2021

i have added lot other proof with support and still dindt get any resolution. i hope community can give some resolution

petra_r
Community Member

But it's clients who leave feedback.... How could a freelancer copy the feedback your clients left to you? They can't, because they don't leave feedback, their clients do.

And even if there was any copying, it wouldn't be your copyright that is violated because you didn't write the feedback, or did you?

This is very strange indeed... 

imzzy
Community Member

he is creating fake posts and giving feedback to himself what is hard to understand ?

he is feedback building

i had said this to support and they had said they will take action but they didnt

dont you see if it was once i can understand but no he is copying feedback and giving it to him self by creating fake accounts mostly cause look at them he is copying literally word by word

he is even copying my profile description Petra i thought you would have got this when you saw

petra_r
Community Member

Imamsab M wrote:

he is creating fake posts and giving feedback to himself what is hard to understand ?

And paying himself many hundreds of Dollars on the process?

imzzy
Community Member

well i do not know what he does and how as i do not have any access but upwork does right

they can check on it this time he even copied my name so you tell me why would he have so many feedbacks word to word from my profile ?

and that to not with same client ok if it was same mutual client i would have agreed but no

2nd thing he even added what i added in description in his profile again you can ask upwork for time stamp for same well if he paid him self 100s of dollars then again check at my pricing and his and feedbacks say he created 4 to5  fake feedbacks and spent on fees fro upwork and then the new cleints go to him seeing his feedback and he can recover that money which he spent on fees there i dont know what exactly it does but now even my name is on his feedback so you tell me

imzzy
Community Member

also well for starters he doesn't know  good English may be cause of that he is copying and feedback building but again i don't know for sure you would know better as i am here since just 4 years and you are here since longer than me i assume so you tell me Petra

petra_r
Community Member

There is no doubt at all that the feedback has been copied. This is provable by the quotation marks: Upwork insets them automatically, so when there are 2 it means someone copied an existing feedback and then pasted it into the feedback field.

quotation marks 1.pngquotation marks 2.png

That said, spending THAT much money to self hire is weird (Thousands). Maybe he gave his actual (real) clients the feedback he wanted left for himself.

There are also two identical feedback by two seemingly different clients on page 4 and 5 of his history (both "from Canada"). Both "clients" only ever hired him.

That said: I see no evidence of him having copied your profile overview. His is considerably different to yours.

imzzy
Community Member

Yes exactly
He might have been saying that too but if he did say that then he would send feedback by text and double "" wont come except if he sent the double quote too but bottom line he is to be honest fake lot of my clients even said they got scammed by him thats how i came to know about him and when i saw his profile it was very clear to me. I dindt knew about same feedback from canda can you show it to me?

I feel he has some one in canada or somewhere he pays them to write feedback as he doesnt have any actual skill though. (Proof from my last clients on upwork itself where they said they got scammed by him) thats when i got to know about him
petra_r
Community Member

Imamsab M wrote:
I dindt knew about same feedback from canda can you show it to me?

Look at the last feedback on page 4 and the second to last on page 5. They are identical, both 1 day contracts and from "new" clients who set up an account, hired him and closed the contract the same day it was opened with the same feedback. 

Imamsab M wrote:
I feel he has some one in canada or somewhere he pays them to write feedback 

It takes little to no skills to use a VPN and spoof the location. The thing is... the money.

Is it really worth paying thousands to leave fake feedback... Those aren't small contracts.

Imamsab M wrote:
 he doesnt have any actual skill though. (Proof from my last clients on upwork itself where they said they got scammed by him) thats when i got to know about him

He has plenty of obviously genuine great feedback, so he must have some skills. Be careful not to let rivalry cloud your judgment,

imzzy
Community Member

I see about the feedback now same feedback on page 4 and 5

May be it is an investment he has to pay upwork 10% thats all to have some feedbacks i dont know it is worth it or not or may be he is usuing an vpn or not but cant upwork find that out based on ip address?

Well how do you know that are genuine? Feedbacks no rivalry at all as i didnt even knew he exitsed untill many clients of mine said me on facebook that they got scammed by him and his mislead them. You can ask upwork to check my messges from those clients too. Its all on upwork.

Again bottom lines comes to this if he is good why would he need fake feedbacks (well he copied many feedbacks from me may be he copied others from ither freelancers on of off the platform) well i go above and beyond to help my clients and you will see only 5 stars on my profile it is hard when people see his feedback and then go to him disappointed and loosing time (you can tell upwork support to check my messges i had a recent client who shared screen shots of him chatting where he said all worst things to him and tried to scam him and threaten him ) so seeing that i for sure know he doesnt have any skills if you want i could send those screen shots to you what he chatted with the other client trying to scam him saying things which are just too bizarre as its against community guidelines here you can messge me personally and i can share it to you . Not only that there is more to it that what keets the eye which i cant see but upwork can .
petra_r
Community Member

Imamsab M wrote:
may be he is usuing an vpn or not but cant upwork find that out based on ip address?

You understand that the whole point of using a vpn is to spoof the ip?

Imamsab M wrote:
i had a recent client who shared screen shots of him chatting where he said all worst things to him and tried to scam him and threaten him )

Get the client to report the freelancer

imzzy
Community Member

Well i guess you didn't see my profile i am a cybersecurity expert so i well know what a vpn is and used for i even know all the protocols used behind a vpn its just that i thought upwork blocks connection from vpns so that freelancers dont spoof locations for fake feedbacks like this
petra_r
Community Member

Imamsab M wrote:
Well i guess you didn't see my profile i am a cybersecurity expert so i well know what a vpn is

That's why I was surprised by that comment.

Imamsab M wrote:
 i thought upwork blocks connection from vpns so that freelancers dont spoof locations for fake feedbacks like this

They don't and at this point there is no proof that this is what was done. Remember that a client, to hire a freelancer, also has to have a verified payment method. It's not as easy as creating a fake client account and leaving fake feedback. Those contracts weren't $10 contracts. We're talking thousands of Dollars.

Don't get me wrong, there is definitely something very dodgy going on but I can't quite figure out what it is.

imzzy
Community Member

Last contract which he wrote fake feedback with my name (basically copied the whole feedback from one of my projects ) was just 50$ so that is not that much as he will get 90% of the money anyways

Yes but he could have always created a paypal payment method or as i said he might have someone there who gives him this inturn he transfer the money

i had not posted it in community but now my name is also invloved so i had to post here.
petra_r
Community Member

Imamsab M wrote:
Last contract which he wrote fake feedback with my name (basically copied the whole feedback from one of my projects ) was just 50$ so that is not that much as he will get 90% of the money anyways.

The others are BIG and he gets to keep less than 90% as you are forgetting about the 20% on the first $600 and the 3% client fee and the loss on currency exchange. It adds up

Imamsab M wrote:
Yes but he could have always created a paypal payment method 

Not that easy as the PayPal needs to match

imzzy
Community Member

Lets say 20% flat all togther still it is a investment for him may be cause he can charge more and get more clients with those feedbacks copied from my profile.

sadia_34
Community Member

I think I have an answer why this guy - **Edited for Community Guidelines** - made this 'investment'. He is now selling courses on how to become a 'freelancer' and an 'ethical hacker' in Bangladesh. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

People don't know the truth about him and getting scammed. Those who are wasting money buying his courses or taking training from him don't know that he was banned from Upwork because of his fradulant activities. Now he's scamming the wannabe freelancers. This is so frustrating.

imzzy
Community Member

What about virual credit cards ? He might be using that as some one said here
petra_r
Community Member

Imamsab M wrote:
What about virual credit cards ? 

They're not accepted as payment methods on Upwork.

imzzy
Community Member

I see then he must have some one in canada if he is picking up projects from there can you please tell support to investigate as very very fishy things are going on
imzzy
Community Member

So what now any action will be taken on him as he is writing by creating fake accounts or not but he is building feedback that is confirmed which is against upwork terms and conditions so what next?
petra_r
Community Member

Imamsab M wrote:
So what now any action will be taken on him as he is writing by creating fake accounts or not but he is building feedback that is confirmed which is against upwork terms and conditions so what next?

You can't prove that he is creating fake accounts and you also can't prove that the feedback is fake, only that the wording of that feedback was taken from your profile. It would then be the "clients" who posted it, not the freelancer. 

Unless Upwork can find proof of wrongdoing, I would think that the most that might happen is that Upwork might remove the wording of the copied feedback if your clients demanded this (THEY wrote it, so they are the only ones with any rights to demand anything).

imzzy
Community Member

You are still not getting it
He even used my name this time in the feedback did you see that?
And we dont even have a common mutual client so what are the chances that all the clients copy my feedback over the freelancer saying them to copy the feedback or doing it himself but again all will violate upwork terms of somethng called feedback building well that would be unfair to me now as even my name is used in his feedbacks and this whole stuff is fishy even you agreed to this it took me years to build the repo and if they copy the feedback blatently like this which shouldnt be allowed come on petra think about it
imzzy
Community Member

i have proof now petra

one of thew clients shared the work diary which clearly shows how he is scamming innocent people

**Edited for community guidelines** which is this  upwork can look at the work diary the hours he logged qand the screen shot with the client he uses this to trick and scam them i dont know how much more proof i should get ? At least now you believe me

Petra R wrote:

Remember that a client, to hire a freelancer, also has to have a verified payment method. It's not as easy as creating a fake client account and leaving fake feedback. Those contracts weren't $10 contracts. We're talking thousands of Dollars.

Don't get me wrong, there is definitely something very dodgy going on but I can't quite figure out what it is.

You can nowadays create virtual credits cards, so that should be no problem. I did not get to see the profile, but is it possible that the freelancer is investing the money to boost his profile to be TR+ and get over the first $100k? Investing $20k seems to be a lot but considering the rates paid in the field it might be worth it.

Jennifer R wrote:

I did not get to see the profile, but is it possible that the freelancer is investing the money to boost his profile to be TR+ and get over the first $100k? Investing $20k seems to be a lot but considering the rates paid in the field it might be worth it.

I thought the same thing. 

But I also thought that if somebody was confident enough they could do the job that they'd invest 20k, then surely they'd have enough smarts about them to not have to cheat?

I've also wondered if they're trying to clean up dirty money.

Either way, I still can't work out why they'd copy somebody else's feedback. 

Maybe the person we're dealing with is rich but not very bright? 

imzzy
Community Member

he is not bright thats 100% sure as he copied multiple feedbacks of mine but this time he even copied my name onto his feedback

I have over 100k$ my self i now i dont even apply for any job i get all my clients via invite

May be he is investing the money or laundering the money via upwork this particular freelancer has earned like 50k$ on the platform so qnd it is worth it as cyber security is high paying job and he can mimik anr copy me and get clients
imzzy
Community Member

Any reply on this petra ?

He uses fake hacker screen (hollywood hacker screen ) to fool and scam innocent people off upowrk which is now logged in into hourly work diary had attached everything here from the client but again edited for community guidlines so what do you say now ? when i said he doesnt have any skills cause he does not and we have the proof now in front of us .

It was never rivalry if he was good or atleast having some skills i would have been ok with it but he is scamming people and showing fake screens this is just one client who i came ot know baout just imagine how many others he has scammed like this which never came to our notice .

Let me know when you are back .

petra_r
Community Member

Imamsab M wrote:

Any reply on this petra ?

I don't really know what you expect me to add... It's in Upwork's hands.

imzzy
Community Member

After the proof at least you agree that he doesnt have skills as you have said he has genuine feedbacks and i said you he made almost all up and with that feedbacms he js earning alot of money which is alot in my field. Just like this example where he scammed client off 1500$ and client went to him looking for that feedbacks and his work diary confirmed that he has literally no skill

Did your client share this with Upwork? If the client has been scammed, they're the ones who need to report the freelancer and open a dispute, if necessary.

Yes they did .

I am just bringing all of this to light as i have been saying this partivular about the freelancer shawon since long

They wouldnt even know they have been scammed if we had not look at the work diary very carefully

petra_r
Community Member

While you are at it:

Page 5: Feedback from May 31: Hourly rate suddenly $500 - Look at the wording of the actual job post - it's not real. Client created an account, invited and hired the freelancer at an inflated hourly rate. Only hire the client ever made.

Page 3: two contracts with the exact same title, both closed August 16th. One of them also clearly has copied feedback ("")

"Client" again from "Canada" - again client appeared, hired this freelancer only.

Twice and both contracts concurrently...

imzzy
Community Member

Yes i see that now
So what do u think in this case he used vpn and created fake account from canada ip and then gave the job to himself to create feedback (usuing the ip upwork can check if its a proxy/vpn or not) and if it is vpn then can take further action for feedback building

He could have used multiple location why only canada may be he has some one there who gives him contracts to crate fake feedbacks as if he had used vpn he could change it to US and other countries too or may be he is not that smart he is for sure not that smart cause this time he did mistake he ev3n copied my name on to the feedback also check my profile where i have put 2 ** saying i will help people to invest money in crypto he even copied those stars and the exact line word to word
imzzy
Community Member

you say this too you know it is fishy not just 1 feedback but multiple copied from me no client wold do that i had so many clients and not one copied any other freelancers feedback so either way if he is creating fake accounts and hiring himself or he is asking some one else to write the feedback it is still against terms and condition of upwork is it not?

2nd thing what do you say about the fake Facebook hall of fame which he had added on the profile? why would he Photoshop that and add it on to profile?

3rd what about the description he is copying from my profile even the ** which i added

4th the accounts from canada just create to hire him without valid jobs as you said

there are so many reasons don't you think upwork should take a look at this ?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Imamsab,

I would like to confirm that Avery already escalated this further and our team is investigating it. However, please keep in mind that I will not be able to share any details about the investigation or the results of the investigation. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i am ok with not sharing information but this is the 4th time i am contacting (3 times i have done it via support and no result) so had to post in community i hope i will be helped this time thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members