🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Customer support email.
Page options
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Customer support email.

There is no way to directly contact an agent on the upwork platform. What are you supposed to do in urgent situations when you need a fast response. 

143 REPLIES 143
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork's Customer Support is not email-centric.

It is not Upwork's intention that you initiate contact with Customer Support via email.

Do you have a question about Upwork? Or a problem?

Ask your question or explain your situation right here in this thread.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

I can clearly see that. That is why I've created the post. I will not post my private concerns onto a public forum. I just need a way to contact a customer support agent urgently to deal with a time sensitive and private matter. 

The fastest, most reliable way that I know of to receive help is to post your question or concern here in the Forum.

If there are specific details that you don't want to post here, then don't post those details. But you can explain things generally. Then people in the Forum will be able to tell you how you can handle the situation. Or if it is a matter that needs help from Upwork personnel, the matter can be routed to the appropriate team.

If you don't want to do that, then you may choose to use one of the many other channels for contacting Upwork Customer Support. These include:

- help desk ticket

- live chat

- email

- phone

- Facebook

- Twitter

- Instagram

- chatbot

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Yes it's a problem with my account that can only be handled by upwork. How would I be able to access the live chat? I did get an email from a support worker but I've been sending emails back for the past day and no reply. 

Trying to communicate with Upwork Support using email is something I regard as extremely uncertain.

It is not something that I recommend.

How would you communicate via live chat?

You can click on the green "Get Support" button in the bottom right hand corner of this page.

This activates a chat bot. You can ask questions and continually type in "live support" or something like that, which indicates that you want to chat with a live person.

This may or may not work. It isn't intended to be easy.

Hello,

I would like to do my test on upwork but its not displayed .I have gone through find work and I cannot find it. Please help 

Hi Gladys,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify which test you're looking for? 

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie, many jobs have been removed from Upwork and Upwork emailed me that they will return the connects but the connects are not refunded. Kindly check and make sure I get my connects back

Regards,

Naila

Hi Naila,

Thanks for reaching out. I can see that you've been refunded Connects for several jobs that were canceled. You can check this by going to your Connects History.

If there is any specific job that was removed, for which you have not been refunded, feel free to send me a private message with more information and I'll be happy to look into it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2e0e1572
Community Member

Luiggi
i need an urgent help please

I am having an issue with an hourly direct contract with a client. I tried to lodge the time but there is an error occurring and the error code is fls_

I attached the file below having an image of the error!

Her account looks like it's been suspended and she already has an open ticket.

Thank you, Mr. Preston.

I learn a lot in this discussion forum

Are you really suggesting that private matters dealt with through a public forum is acceptable? What about GDPR? A company the size of upwork cannot afford support staff to handle my quieries.... really? 

you just said they were't email-centric how are you supposed to contact them when there is no email? 

So then that would not make sense. How is it that you have a platform that can have disputes against a freelancer or a company or employer Etc, but you can contact upwork to resolve the issue? I think that creates a little bit more problem if upright is the middleman allow themselves to be unreachable in situations. Because I've been trying to reach them and it kind of make things a little bit difficult to handle when trying to resolve a problem.

Upwork is still reviewing my id verification, but yesterday I recieved a strict warning that I did not verify my identity and upwork warned me to do it otherwise upwork will suspend my account

Hi Hovhannes,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, From last many weeks/months when I try to search jobs, there are lot of jobs appear says Do Not Apply, submitted as a release testing pf upwork…

I asked my friends and they said, they are not getting these test jobs

2. I was searching talents my profile with name - Abhishek and Abhishek Abhishek as per profile name, applied country and job success, etc. to narrow down results. At a point I got 4 pages, but strange thing is that, that it was not showing my profile.

Did you hide my profile ?
Also, I havent marked it private.

Please help.

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. As mentioned in the description of your reported posts from Upwork QA, it "was submitted as part of release testing by Upwork QA This job posting will be cancelled in the next hour". Please ignore and do not apply to waste your Connects. 

Regarding your profile on the talent search result, I was able to see your profile by searching for your first name and last name's initial. Here's a screenshot of the result for your reference.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello PradeepH. I come here because I no other route to present my concern. My Upwork account (s.yego19@gmail.com) was hacked today and the email address changed. Unfortunately, I had not used two step verification. Now I cannot access my account. The attacker has added a Visa card and I don't know what they are using my account for. Kindly help me recover my account. You can contact me via the email provided. Thanks in advance. 

I disagree with this customer service method.  My questions aren't answered in the help section and the AI in chat isn't working. This is definitely something to consider if I choose to use upwork again. Customer service is key these days regardless if one thinks it's email-centric or not.

I agree. Some questions dont belong in a public chat board. My question is regarding billing.... im not going to post it publicly. They lost a customer bc there isn't an email option.

I 100% agree with this question. I have a question not addressed in the "help" section and Upwork's  AI isn't answering my questions in the chat. How can I get answers? I probably won't use upwork again because of this. Wish there was an email I could email my question into. 😞 

Hi Maggie,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems getting the answer to your account queries. Could you tell us about your concern? You don't need to be specific. We just want to know what you need help with and assist you or connect you with the right team when needed.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Hopefully, you are doing well. I have an issue with my account. My Success Score was got down at 81 in December 2022. After a lot of hard work, I got my score at 93 but I don't know why my score is got down after yesterday's update? I also got a 5 star review in this week and not got any bad review in last 2 months. 

Can you please help me to solve this problem? I'll be very thankful to you!

Hi Saqib,

I’m sorry to hear about your score drop, but we're afraid that we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Factors such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients can have an impact on your overall score. You may want to check this article to learn more.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

Hi Preston - how does Upwork deal with abusive freelancers?  I have flagged the person's inappropriate comments to me but would like to hear from someone on the matter.

Thanks,

Jeff

How can I turn on my availability badge? I have tried it the 'normal' way and it's still not working. The chatbot is not telling me how. Please I need your help. 

Hi Toyin,

I checked and it looks like your profile visibility is private which is why you're not having the option to turn your Availability Badge on. I took the liberty of resetting your profile back to public. You can now take more control over your services by turning the Availability Badge on. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, I was deceived by a client, when I did my job with the translation of the text, they transferred me to a conversation in Telegram, so that I could send data there to receive money. But the client sent a PDF file in which it was written that in order to receive the money you need to send them a deposit. My conversation with a client on Upwork was deleted and I cannot find the contract. I have screenshots of a conversation in Telegram.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Edward,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I can confirm that the job post you're referring to has been taken down because it was in violation of the Terms of Service.

As a reminder, you should never communicate with a client outside of Upwork before a contract is in place. This is a typical tactic scammers use to deceive freelancers and a serious violation of our TOS. Please take some time to check out this article so you can learn more about how you can stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

How 80s is this? We cant reach the support rly? We need urgend help .. we had a issue with PayPal. Its now solved and working again. 

I'm not getting relevant jobs neither in my customised feed, best matches nor in recent jobs. For months I was strayed thinking that problem is in the market, hence no work, however, my other freelancer friends are getting gigs on upwork. Please dig out the actual issue in my profile. Nothing really works.

Hi Iram,

I looked closely at your report and job search and confirmed that the results match your saved searches. Please remember that once you have saved a search, the job feed on your Find Work home page will match your saved search keywords and filters for that search. 

Keeping your saved filters up-to-date will help ensure that your job leads match your interests and skills. You may want to delete your saved searches or edit your search criteria. You can also check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Where can I see a full accounting of all payments made to upwork for 2023 and 24?

Well, I had accepted a work through upwork, but in my ingenuity, I accepted to coordinate work outside of upwork and I went to a social media, directed by the owner of the post.

I didn't set up my way of being paid correctly and when I finished the work, the person paid me using a bank (firstbank-tb.org), a potential scam that I didn't see it coming and my work wasn't paid. It's sad to see no way to send email or raise the hand to say this.

There are persons who want you to pay more to release the payment, so, it's unethical, not fair.

I understand there is a part to work on my side but also, how can I be paid for this?

If anyone had a problem similar, let me know.

Hello good afternoon, I greet you from Colombia.
15 days ago, I entered for the first time to this platform and created my profile. But since a couple of days ago, when entering my profile it does not appear as it normally is and does not allow me to access the available projects. I received an email from Upwork informing me that my account had registered some kind of UNUSUAL ACTIVITY, and they informed me that I should reset my password, which I have already done, but my account still does not allow me to perform any action. I thank you for your cooperation. Thank you.

Yes i do have an issue with Upwork, I was employed by KnowledgeCity, a book appointment positon. I statred on the 26th of Febuary, and was terminated on the 6th of March, I have still not received my pay. I have upload my passport to verify my identity. NOW UPWORK IS SAYING THAT MY PAYMENT IS DECLINED BECASUE MY NAME DOES NOT MATCH THE NAME ON MY PROFILE, HOW, WHY AND WHAT HAPPENED. MY NAME ON THERE IS Risden A Clare. they have Anthony Clare Risden. how this this occure, and why is it not capable of being resolve my clicking on it, why, and why am mi being taking in circles leading no where with your support@upwork.com   ?

how1.JPGhow.JPG

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members