🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects should be refunded, if job is not aw...
Page options
memonfaysal
Community Member

Connects should be refunded, if job is not awarded to any freelancer.

I have noticed that many clients post jobs but then disappear without hiring anyone. This wastes the connects freelancers use to apply for jobs. To solve this, there should be a rule that if a job isn't assigned to anyone after a certain time, it should be marked expired and freelancers should get their connects back.

5 REPLIES 5
sein_mac
Community Member

Hi Ahmed. Definitely I agree with you. The posting system as it functions now is damaging the market.

But did they do it like this always?

memonfaysal
Community Member

Even if this isn't a common occurrence, the connects belong to the freelancer. Imagine a freelancer only has 10 connects per month. If they use all of these connects to apply for a job and it's not awarded to anyone, the freelancer has to wait for the next month's cycle to apply for another job or buy more connects. Is this fair?

0e499250
Community Member

I definitely agree with you, Ahmed. I have applied for so many jobs that aren't awarded at all! If my proposal is viewed and someone else gets hired, good for them! But if no one is hired, it's a waste of time for all of us who applied, Upworks gets the money from our connects, and the clients vanish into cyberspace with no penalty. 

tjmisny
Community Member

A vast majority of jobs DO NOT HIRE - Freelancers are being milked for connects money for all of these dead-end jobs.  

shayzeryuresh
Community Member

Yes, That is a total waste. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members