🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Conflicting Emails from Upwork re: Bank accou...
Page options
kenesha-thomas
Community Member

Conflicting Emails from Upwork re: Bank account details.

I have pasted below a letter I sent to Upwork customer support about emails relating to my bank account information. Their response was,  its all good and the most recent email I received was a mistake and I should ignore it. By themselves, these messages seem harmless but they are coming in so close together and I keep hearing there was an error. Why are there so many errors? Is anyone else having this issue?

I have noted below the number of emails from Upwork since the end of June about my Bank account details that need to be changed or updated, then finally culminating in my Bank account details being sent to someone else. I am Upset and suspicious of all the activity and the timing. I am now going to change my account so as to be safe. I will have to take the time and considerable trouble, and -in my country- the expense of opening a new account in order to feel safe.

When I was asked to update my TRN I did it because I felt safe with Upwork. I TRUSTED Upwork. Now I am wondering if they have Scammers withing their numbers with the ability to get my payment info out to others. I have gone years without questions on my Bank Account information from Upwork to so many of them in a 2-month period. I want an Explanation.

I got an email Dated Sat 8/8/2020 10:45 Pm from Upwork saying this:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I don't know what is going on but this is disturbing and I will copy this email to the community forum to see if there are other people being contacted in this way.

3 REPLIES 3
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Kenesha,

I had to edit out the content of the private emails from your post as it's not allowed in the Community.  I'd like to confirm that the two events are unrelated. The notification you received on 8/8/2020 was about an email system error that has since been corrected. Notifications you received in July were related to a different situation. I'll escalate your concerns to the team and ask them to reach out to you to address any questions you have directly.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you. My concern was that after not having much contact relating to that topic so many different emails came up in such a short period. But thanks again for the clarification.

Community Member

Are you now earning money from up work Can you tell me how happy you are with up work?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members