🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client suggests meeting in the future?
Page options
29f5e66e
Community Member

Client suggests meeting in the future?

Hi! I haven't been on Upwork to get work in a while, and this is an early client interaction, so I just wanted to run it by others. 

The job is a personal assistant job that I was invited to apply to. I applied, and I got a message from the client. The message briefly explains the demanding nature and the need for trust with the job, and he mentions twice that eventually there could be an in-person meeting. 

I think nothing of it, and I reply with questions about the typical hours, since he would need me to be available for many tasks. He says that and my other questions about the subject matter I would research would all be covered in the contract. He again mentions eventually meeting when his travel is over (which is the purpose of the personal assistant).

Is this weird that he mentions meeting 3 times and doesn't answer questions about the job beforehand?

1 REPLY 1
fccfebe2
Community Member

Hi Krystle. This is definitely not common, personally never had such an experience. Keep in mind before you have a contract in place all the communications need to stay in Upwork messages, after you have a contract you are free to communicate with your client in any way you want (even in person). Some thing you should keep in mind is if the client is verified on Upwork, their job history etc.
I would suggest to be careful about this one.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members