🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Asking to first accept offer then he w...
Page options
arslanayoub
Community Member

Client Asking to first accept offer then he will share task description. Is this a Scam?

I've received a job invitation where the client is requesting me to accept the offer before disclosing the task details. Interestingly, the client promptly sent the offer within a minute of my message. I'm concerned if this could be a scam. Please find attached screenshots for reference.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

11 REPLIES 11
7562b4c7
Community Member

Hi bro go to notification bar and open it and then you have see accept option 

Please read the description. My question is something else.

No. Your post would have the OP going deeper into a scam.

b8f51f5f
Community Member

Even though am now here! But me too will not be comfortable with such reponse he has given to you

Exactly. I am also worried what's going on.

pudingstudio
Community Member

wrote:

I've received a job invitation where the client is requesting me to accept the offer before disclosing the task details. Interestingly, the client promptly sent the offer within a minute of my message. I'm concerned if this could be a scam. Please find attached screenshots for reference.

arslanayoub_0-1708617911930.png

Nothing to accept there. Freelancer can't deliver if task is unclear.

Real red flag is client's compulsion to explain the job only after you've accepted. That is not how UpWork works.

The same thing happened to me as well. The client doesn't want to answer a basic question about the project but has created an offer. The client rating was 3.4/5 so didn't go ahead with it. 

spectralua
Community Member

Reject it and forgot.

I understand why client do it: he can leave bad feedback and drop your JSS if something wrong. Or blackmail you with bad feedback.

the-right-writer
Community Member

As other people have stated, this is a scam. Report to Upwork. Please read this excellent post from Wes, that will help you learn how to identify scams. Never consider a contract unless all details are included. The contract must contain everything about the job. Include a thorough description, including the work required.

Never accept a job until you know every detail, and it's put in writing. Revisions, rewrites, or additional work (scope creep) should be in the contract. For example, "I will write a 1000-word document for $450.00 on how to manage employees in a bakery for the optimum income, with no spelling or grammar errors. One minor revision is included, and I will check in daily, with screenshots of the work. The project includes at least 10 citations from open source journals using the Chicago Manual of Style. The work is to be completed by 8:00 a.m. on Month, Day and Year."

crart
Community Member

Joining the crowd of "this is red flag, ignore, report to UW, move on".

As a side note, if the "client" talked to me in this high-horse, "man I don't care just do it" etc. tone I would discard that braindead dude right off the bat.

pkshah22
Community Member

I felt similar thing when client replied to me, `you are asking questions which I don't like` 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members