🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bonus payment scam by Client
Page options
satvik07
Community Member

Bonus payment scam by Client

Adding information for other upwork community:

Received offer for one of client and he is asking for urgent job for us. Initially was bit excited and i have accept the offer without checking more information. Just after accepting offer client asking me to purchase the domain for him and instant he transfered USD 500 as bonus to my account. I haven't any clue on this and move forward to purchase domain. 

Luckily my international payment option was disable and i got time to think on that. Later stage he is continuesly asking me to do purchase domain from godaddy given by him - fancypuss.com. 

At the end my card was blocked because of multiple try and payment coun't completed. I have informed his as i am facing the payment issue could you please purchase from your end and he is asking again and again. 

Finally i got to know it was scam and i have stopped there now he is sending threatening messages.

Guys please take care if you received any of bonus in your account and any of urgent request to spent your own money outside upwork.. dont do that.

Upwork please support on this and help this should not affect our account.

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members