🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » As someone experienced on Upwork, I've develo...
Page options
vispan
Community Member

As someone experienced on Upwork, I've developed a strategy that consistently helps me land quality

Targeting Less-Crowded Opportunities:

Consider 'older' projects: Search for projects posted between an hour and a day ago with fewer than 20 proposals. There’s often a reason for the lower proposal count, so analyze the requirements carefully to see if they suit your expertise. You could find a gem with less competition!

Diversify Your Keywords:

Think like your clients: Technical terms are excellent, but clients may not always use industry jargon. Consider related keywords they might use. Instead of just "graphic designer," try "Photoshop," "Illustrator," "T-shirt designer," etc. Put yourself in the client’s shoes to broaden your search results.

Breaking Down Complex Tasks:

Milestones are your friends: If a client has a large project needing an extended timeline, propose dividing it into milestones. This shows clarity, professionalism, and lets the client budget accordingly.

The Power of Personalization:

Go the extra mile: Does the client mention a competitor or inspiration source? Before applying, analyze it and offer brief but insightful feedback in your proposal. This extra touch demonstrates initiative and shows you understand their goals. Think about a way to surprise your client and make your proposal stand out.

The Art of the Opening Sentence:

Make it count: Clients see a flood of proposals, so your opening line must hook their attention. Be concise, clear, and highlight your value proposition immediately. Consider visiting sites like freelancer.com, where you can peek at other proposals for inspiration and guidance.

Relationship Building:

Go Above and Beyond: Even small gestures — like delivering a little ahead of schedule or including a thoughtful bonus — can solidify repeat business and positive reviews

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members