🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Social Media Groups good for upwork freelance...
Page options
mawieshams
Community Member

Social Media Groups good for upwork freelancers?

I don't know but I just visited some upwork group from facebook and it depresses me. Some posted how they earned 100$ for their first day. But for my experience, I have earned that for 6 days, and now. My clients left me and I am struggling from financial needs again. The money that I should buy for premium was withdraw after 2 of my babies milk was done.

And now, I don't know how can I earn 20$ just for premium. It made me depress after seeing those people in facebook group celebrating and bragging their upwork profile account. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
allpurposewriter
Community Member

Shamimah,

1. I would say 99 percent of the people on Upwork don't find work for weeks or months. That probably doesn't sound encouraging, but I don't think it's normal to find work on your first day unless you have years of previous freelance experience prior to joining.

2. You could make some changes on your profile. If you want profile help, there is a forum for new freelancers and one of the topics is profile reviews. You might ask for some help there.
3. There is so much to learn in how to secure work that anyone without experience has an steep hill in front of them. It makes sense that you would be struggling a bit. Keep your eyes and ears open for any suggestions that make sense for you. It took a lot of trial and error for me to get jobs consistently. And even I have plenty of slumps to this day.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bf97c28c
Community Member

Hi, Shamimah. 

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." —Robert Collier

6eb496a4
Community Member

Never give up when things are rough that is what you should remember because nobody is born a successor when they have not succeded believe in yourself and keep sending more proposals to get a higher chance of geting hired.

allpurposewriter
Community Member

Shamimah,

1. I would say 99 percent of the people on Upwork don't find work for weeks or months. That probably doesn't sound encouraging, but I don't think it's normal to find work on your first day unless you have years of previous freelance experience prior to joining.

2. You could make some changes on your profile. If you want profile help, there is a forum for new freelancers and one of the topics is profile reviews. You might ask for some help there.
3. There is so much to learn in how to secure work that anyone without experience has an steep hill in front of them. It makes sense that you would be struggling a bit. Keep your eyes and ears open for any suggestions that make sense for you. It took a lot of trial and error for me to get jobs consistently. And even I have plenty of slumps to this day.

Good luck.

mawieshams
Community Member

Thank you for all your beautiful messages. I am still waiting for my connects to be reload. If I get lucky to have new clients. That's the day I'll purchase premiumship again.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths