🐈
» Forums » Clients » Upwork has detected a potential risk with the...
Page options
c9b61d22
Community Member

Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of this message.

In a chat I am in with one of my potential freelancers, which has been going on for a month, has just come up with the notification"Upwork has detected a potential risk with the content of this message." under all of his messages. Does this mean he has been flagged as a scam?? It did not look like this earlier this week. Just seen it this morning.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Amy,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
msimon_pm
Community Member

re. "In a chat I am in with one of my potential freelancers, which has been going on for a month" 

Hi Amy,

Maybe the Upwork algorithms flagged the chat for being suspiciously copious without a paid contract.

A chain of "what ifs", demonstrations/explaining samples in hope of having a job awarded, a quick analysis of a change in plans here, an evaluation of a method/software there, a professional opinion in prep of [whatever] again etc. may be all the work that was needed.

Or the potential freelancer got tired of having a potential job (= $0) and didn't have a better idea about how to cut it short.

If it's an hourly contract and nothing to do yet, or you want to test the skills of the potential freelancer, why not running a small paid task, equally near $0, instead of a month-long chat?

spectralua
Community Member

Free works for a month is realy scam and ToS violation. Upwork team should check that interview.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths