🐈
» Forums » Clients » Transaction History
Page options
8d3d5a24
Community Member

Transaction History

Hi, I am new here. I tried to come in contact with a freelancer. Didnt work, had to hire the person even tho I havent talked with the person. I read some articles here before doing this and people said no payment will be payed before talking with the freelancer. 

Yet after addding my card, I wrote that I can pay 100 dollar for the job I need to be done. 

Then I see that 220 dollar was removed from my card. I see in the transaction history that there is 2 payments, 

one is fixed price and the other one is payment, one with 100 dollar and the other one with 120 dollar. 

What is this? I cant come in contact with the support becuase there is a god **bleep** AI just saying the same thing over and over again, how can you take money before I come in touch with the freelancer and agree on something and why 2 different transactions???

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

H Ahmad,

I’m sorry to learn you weren’t able to contact the Upwork Support Team directly, or file a ticket after interacting with the chatbot.

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:
  1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

I understand that you are concerned with the charge on your card. Please know that it’s free to post a job. You’ll set up a billing method, but you won’t pay until it’s time to pay your freelancer. Posting a job isn’t necessarily a commitment to hiring. You’ll be able to view proposals from interested freelancers and interview candidates before moving forward with a contract. You can check the transactions you have by going to your transaction history. You might also want to read this help article. If you need further assistance, please let us know. We are here to help!
~ Joanne
Upwork
8d3d5a24
Community Member

Hi, thanks for taking your time to explain. I will check out the articles and see what I can find. The issue is that I didnt post a job, instead I went on to contact a frelancer directly and thats where the money went away. Now I am facing another issue, my account got kinda locked becuase I had to verify myself. Which I did, but now a manual check is going on. I dont know why becuase I followed all the steps. But the freelancer have not answered anything yet on a couple of days so I will cancel the "hiring" thing and what I have read is that the money will get back. Then once my account is unlocked I will be able to post a job. But thanks for your time, appreciate it. 
//Ahmad 

8ee905b1
Community Member

Hi Ahmad,

It sounds frustrating to experience unexpected charges. It's possible that the $100 was for the fixed price milestone you set for the project, and the additional $120 could be the Upwork service fee. However, it's best to reach out to Upwork support directly for clarification and assistance with any payment issues you're experiencing.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths