🐈
» Forums » Clients » Splitting a milestone for a fixed-payment con...
Page options
bece23c8
Community Member

Splitting a milestone for a fixed-payment contract

I posted a job and hired a freelancer with a fixed contract amount in 1 milestone ($1000) - this amount was transferred and is currently 'funded' in escrow for the job. After they started work, we agreed that the job should be split into smaller milestones (e.g. 5 milestones of $200 each).

I cannot figure out how to reallocate the $1000 that i've already funded into 5 different milestones for $200. This seems like it should be simple so ideally someone knows the answer. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ben,

Since your contract is started and all of the funds are funded, now you can release less funds on the first milestone and use the remaining budget to set up multiple milestones. To learn more about how you can release less funds on your milestone, check out this Help Article

To learn more about setting up multiple milestones, check out this Guide. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This is a bit cumbersome. We had 4 milestones and wanted to fund the entire project and release each Milestone individually with each milestone being a portion of the entire project in escrow. However, we had to put all escrow on the first milestone since only one at a time is allowed and then agree with contractor to do partial payments, and re-create the  other milestones only for reference... Yuck. Please improve this.
+Upvote on the op

Latest Articles
Learning Paths