🐈
» Forums » Clients » Seeking advice from clients on hiring freelan...
Page options
b53032cc
Community Member

Seeking advice from clients on hiring freelancers for projects.

Hi everyone.

I am reaching out to gain some insights from clients' perspectives so that I can better understand what you are looking for when hiring freelancers for projects.

1. What are the most important factors you consider when reviewing proposals from freelancers for your projects?
  2. What information or details do you find most helpful or compelling in a freelancer's proposal?
  3. Are there any common mistakes or red flags in proposals that make you want to avoid hiring a freelancer?
  4. Are there any additional tips or advice you would give freelancers to improve their chances of being hired for projects?

Your insights will be incredibly valuable in helping me tailor my proposals to better meet the needs and preferences of clients like you. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Best regards,

Tseke Hector Bapela

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Clients focus on the cover letter, Upwork profile, reviews, and pitch deck in relationship to your competition.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
spectralua
Community Member

Your questions do not make sense because one client considers things valuable and the other harmful. Or do you intend to interview all clients who registered here? 🙂

Hi Mykola,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my message. I appreciate your perspective, and I understand that different clients may have varying preferences and priorities when it comes to hiring freelancers.

My intention in reaching out was to gather insights from a diverse range of clients to better understand the common themes and factors that contribute to successful freelancer-client relationships. While individual preferences may vary, I believe there are often shared principles and best practices that can benefit both freelancers and clients alike.

That said, I completely understand if you prefer not to participate in the discussion. Your feedback has been noted, and I respect your decision.

If you have any specific insights or tips you'd like to share based on your own experiences, I would still be grateful to hear them. Your input could help me refine my approach and better serve clients in the future.

Thank you again for your response.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Clients focus on the cover letter, Upwork profile, reviews, and pitch deck in relationship to your competition.

Thank you, William, for highlighting the importance of the cover letter, Upwork profile, and reviews. 

I am curious to learn more about the specific factors clients look for in these elements and what sets them apart when comparing freelancers. 

Could you please explain why clients read and prioritise certain cover letters, Upwork profiles, and reviews over others? 

Any additional information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

In my experience, the number of high quality Reviews in a Profile is KEY criticial.

Up to 50% of my Client engagements automatically schedule a Consultation without ever interacting with me based upon a continual flow of new Reviews.

dd91f860
Community Member

Thank you so much for asking on our behalves.30 proposals and still being hopeful,we really need to know .

A  big shout to my first client,your trust is invaluable.From full time Medical doctor with 6years of Hospital experience,it's totally humbling but We keep hope alive!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths