🐈
» Forums » Clients » My Freelancer Has Locked Me Out Of My Busines...
Page options
diane-shirley
Community Member

My Freelancer Has Locked Me Out Of My Business Account Only Have Partial Access

Morning, unfortunatly after about 18 months of trying to update different things on facebook have found that a freelancer we had employed on Upwork has only given us "partial access" to our own business, we have unfortunatley only just worked this out, they do not work for Upwork anymore, did have the email address but unfortunaly no reply, any suggestions, help. The money and time we have spend trying to correct this and get sorted is definatley causing some stress, HELP! Thanks in advance. 

Note: we have spoken to Meta on several different occasions, all leads back to this person.

6 REPLIES 6
damund
Community Member

I assume you have considered this, but allow me a few perhaps silly questions:

What account was the freelancer using to set up your account?

I can assume but I have to ask you how you provided the freelancer access to set up your account.

Do you have access to the above-mentioned account?

If so have you tried to resolve the permissions issue there?

If not have you asked the freelancer for the account used to set this up?

While this may be silly, did you ask for or get any documentation on your account, credentials, how to use it, set up posts, etc?

Daniel
Executive Strategic Technologies Consultant
Let's Connect
Groups:
Experts Talk
Inspirational quotes
"Education is the weapon we create peace with"
"Proper thinking today paves the way to solving the problems of tomorrow"
Quick Consult

Hi Daniel, thank you for your feedback. They no longer work with upwork have been trying to find them even on Linkedin. Do have an email address but no response. It is actually about 6 years go that we used them, and unfortunately after a long conversation with Meta, we have worked out who had only given us partial access. Yes to permissions, yes do have access but not full access. 

If I understand you correctly.
You have access to the account your organization used to provide the previous freelancer permission to do the requested work for you. Correct? --> If not please clarify.

You have mentioned you have spoken with Meta.
If you are the original owner of the account, I assume they were provided proof that you are the true owner.
Please confirm.

If this is true, how is it that they did not resolve your permissions issue?
Please explain your encounter so I can better advise.

Also, you did not answer if the previous freelancer provided you with any documentation. 

Additionally, you mention that it was 6 years ago that you used the freelancer.
Am I correct in understanding no one at your organization checked the work of the freelancer, or ensured that the work was done correctly before ending the engagement with the freelancer? 
Please clarify if I have misunderstood. I mean no disrespect, I am simply attempting to understand the situation.

Do you have an email trail you can review to look for details that may be missing?

Daniel
Executive Strategic Technologies Consultant
Let's Connect
Groups:
Experts Talk
Inspirational quotes
"Education is the weapon we create peace with"
"Proper thinking today paves the way to solving the problems of tomorrow"
Quick Consult
williamtcooper
Community Member

"just worked this out" - The problem is solved?

What exactly are you seeking?

Hi William, we wish it was still only have partial access 😢. Have tried all avenues, even sending to FB our credentials ownership etc, still can't get full access. Any solutions?

What did Facebook say?

Have you considered creating a new account and moving on down the road especially since this appears to be an old outdated account?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths