🐈
» Forums » Clients » Make the final payment
Page options
eca840e2
Community Member

Make the final payment

I have created a job posted and also work is complete by freelances ,While first installment is released the second installment(final payment) i see it in escrow account .is there any thing i have to do to release this payment to freelancer whose service i have used. 

7 REPLIES 7
fbf91927
Community Member

To release the final payment from the escrow account on Upwork, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Upwork account.
2. Go to the job post where the work was completed.
3. Click on the "Payments" tab.
4. Find the final payment amount in the Escrow section.
5. Click on the "Release Payment" button next to the final payment amount.
6. Confirm the release of the payment.

Once you have confirmed the release of the final payment, the funds will be transferred to the freelancer's Upwork account. The freelancer will then be able to withdraw the funds to their preferred payment method.

df1f564b
Community Member

To release the second installment from the escrow account to the freelancer, you typically need to log in to the platform where you posted the job. Look for the project or payment section, locate the specific job, and follow the platform's instructions for releasing funds. This often involves confirming that the work has been satisfactorily completed before authorizing the final payment to the freelancer.

LuiggiR

Hi Raj,

I checked and can see that the contract you're referring to was closed right after the first milestone payment. There are no additional funds in escrow because the contract is closed. You can issue a bonus payment to pay the freelancer for the remaining amount you both agreed upon. To pay a bonus, go to Manage work > All contracts and click "Give a bonus."  

~ Luiggi
Upwork
eca840e2
Community Member

I tried to pay it as bonus as suggested ..hopefully it does not double charge me ..can you please verify the same i am not being double charged

eca840e2
Community Member

can you please check my records to ensure i am not gettng double charged 

for the payment as bonus it has charged me again of 125$

question :

what happened to the amount originally charged me against fixed project cost of 250$

woudl that amount be refunded ?

can you please help understand what happened and what went wrong in the steps  followed because i dont want to be in the same situation again and again it would be useful for others as well.

your reply would be appreciated.

Hi Raj,

I checked the job you are referring to and can confirm that the $125 funds added to escrow were refunded to your card when the job was closed. You can reach out to your bank to verify the refund. Feel free to message us if you still feel that you have been double charged and we will be happy to look into this for you. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths