🐈
» Forums » Clients » Innodata - Upwork Talent Group | Translation ...
Page options
31aab808
Community Member

Innodata - Upwork Talent Group | Translation reviews - Large Programs

Hello,

I was recently hired for the project IDI001 | Italian translation reviews - Large Programs. The client seems to have ghosted me. Have you ever heard of such programs? The hiring manager is**Edited for Community Guidelines**. I'm quite new to Upwork so I would appreciate any help. 

29 REPLIES 29
d9b70cd1
Community Member

Did the client ask you to work for free or took the conversation off the platform

Thank you, Jyoti! No, we agreed on an hourly rate and the contract seems to be legit. **Edited for Community Guidelines**said she is on the Upwork team. She sent me the contract on behalf of the client. The client was then added to the group chat on Upwork but I haven't heard from them yet about next steps. I'm supposed to be given access to a translation platform to work on the project. Should I give it some time and follow up in a few days? 

Correct! I would suggest you to make a document of the task and share with the client on the Group Chat for his approval. Also, ask them to keep communication on the Upwork platform. If you believe the client and the job post is legit, then go ahead and accept the offer but make sure to clarify the requirements beforehand.

I'm very confused. When I click on the project it says that it's private and I don't see the client's info. Could this be a scam? 

Feel free to go ahead and flag the job post as inappropriate and send a message to the support team so that you can get your connects back.

Thank you, Jyoti! I appreciate your help

b4ef7ee2
Community Member

I am hired for the same position, but for portuguese, i am having the same confusion as you.

Hi Gabriel, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing the same. I've followed up with them several times but haven't heard back. I will wait until the end of the week and will submit a ticket to the support team if I don't hear back. Keep me posted about your situation too! 

Hi Greta, i still didnt had any response from the client, i'll wait a comple more days and reach out for the support in order to try getting the connects back or solving this issue. Any updates, please let me know

Hi Gabriel, thank you for keeping me posted. No updates on my end, unfortunately. I'm going to submit a ticket to Upwork today. Let me know what your plan is! Thank you and look forward to hearing from you. 

I am in the same situation! Now it shows an error when trying to access the job!

Hi Danilo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
42b940fa
Community Member

Sure! Here it is

Same here!

Thank you for your response and for sharing this, Danilo,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1d1ed7aa
Community Member

Hello,

I was hired for the same position and I have the same problem. I'm in 2 chat rooms with members of the upwork team, but they have never replied to my messages. The contract started 7 days ago, but the client has never reached out, so I can't start working. No feedback at all until now.

afaytaren
Community Member

I think this is an Enterprise account and the person who hired your is their hiring manager.  There might be an account manager assigned to you but hasnt reached out to you yet for the tasks that were assigned.  There are cases wherein if a hiring manager gets removed from an account, some of the hires under that hiring manager have no way of contacting anyone related to that contract.

Thank you, Aristotle! What would you recommend doing? Waiting for some time to see if the client actually gets back? Or should I submit a ticket to Upwork in the next few days?

Hi Greta,

Please wait a few days and if still no response, please reach out to Customer Support for assistance.

Hi Aristotle,

Thank you for your help! I will reach out to CS now. Let's see what happens.

Thanks again!

Hi Greta, I have the same problem. Did you get updates from the Upwork support?

f239fe88
Community Member

Greta,

I also work in this field regarding Italian. How can I work on it?

ea01eed4
Community Member

I'm having the same problem here, I was hired for this same Innodata job (portuguese translation).
All looked legit, the job offer, the contract. It says that the client is an 
UPWORK ENTERPRISE CLIENT.
I also had to send some documents over email, I don't know if that's normal now that I've read this thread. They created two chat rooms, one of them was archived after some time. I was always talking to **Edited for Community Guidelines** on upwork and over email too, the other people (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) in the rooms didn't talk to me, and in the room that is not archived, they didn't reply.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

cc1ebac0
Community Member

Hello, Greta.

Do you have any news about the job? I was also hired for the same position, but for portuguese translation and I'm experiencing the same thing. I've sent messages to the people in the workroom and I've emailed Innodata but no one answered me back

Nothing on my side yet... I was hired for portuguese as well!

I've just received a message saying that the start of the job will be delayed for Q3. 

Yeah, same here. So I'll just wait until July I guess

Yeah, same! Gonna wait then.

ea01eed4
Community Member

Latest Articles
Learning Paths