********* Important for clients *****

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ace Contributor
70 Posts

********* Important for clients *****

[ Edited ]
I would like every client to know that , Odesk have brought the new feature which is so buggy . There is Hidden Tab in your Job posting page , Where all the potential freelancers are thrown into by Odesk . The reason Odesk gives, copy/paste Cover letter The qualification does not meet I personally tested it and written custom letter and i met with all Qualification of Odesk with Green check box on my profile . still they got in Hidden tab 1. I see people with 5 star rating 2. 1000+ hours billed 3. Similar work completed in feedback's and still they are thrown in Hidden Tab . So its requested to clients don't miss to look into hidden Tab and the Top 10 freelancer they are recommending are newcomers or Best match is so horrified with you see " New to odesk " so Shameful of you odesk to do this with all best and experienced candidates .
Power Member
17 Posts

I wish I knew it earlier

[ Edited ]
I came to know this thing about a week ago. I wish I had known it earlier. During to past few weeks, oDesk has been total waste of time for me. None of my applications get any response. So much time wasted on writing those custom letters. My feedback score is 4.98 (no kidding) and I have completed about 1000 hours + many fixed price jobs. However, for some reason oDesk thinks I do not qualify for any jobs I am applying for. They want to make computers smarter than people. This is not going to happen anytime soon. Not with even Alan Turing on board.
Ace Contributor
70 Posts

Raise Ticket

[ Edited ]
Raise Ticket and let them know
Power Member
17 Posts

Ticket

[ Edited ]
Yes, I did that today and (not unexpectedly) got the generic reply so far. I am just hoping they will fix it or all the past hard work on building a great profile will be wasted!
Power Member
175 Posts

How do you check?

[ Edited ]
Hi Bharti, Is there some way you can check if your application has been hidden, or are you being informed of this by your existing clients?
Ace Contributor
70 Posts

Exiting clients

[ Edited ]
Exiting clients informed me and i am so in trouble
Power Member
57 Posts

Same thing happening with

[ Edited ]
Same thing happening with me... :smileysad:
Power Member
175 Posts

oDesk not commenting

[ Edited ]
That is really not good. Lucky for you you have loyal clients who seek you out. What about the rest of us who are still starting out? Besides the new "reassuring" posts from oDesk, they are very silent when it comes to responding to the numerous threads and complaints surrounding this issue.
Community Guru
1,160 Posts

Says it all

[ Edited ]
You have clients who like you and trust you so much that they are willing to tell you the details of their hiring practices, yet oDesk thinks you aren't qualified to work for them.
Power Member
57 Posts

Not even a single client is

[ Edited ]
Not even a single client is contacting now...because my cover letter is going into hidden tab...one of my client told me that my application is in hidden folder.....this is really annoying....are we just wasting our time to apply jobs over here?? please reply odesk :smileysad: